radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Now that the Moto G has 4.4.2 will the Moto X receive it as well? Or is there no real difference for Moto to update the Moto X at this point?

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
4.4.1 was mainly to address the Nexus 5 camera and an MMS or SMS issue that effected Nexus devices. 4.4.2 was to fix a 4.4.1 issue that was causing a lot of issues during the upgrade process. I would not be surprised if Moto didn't bother updating the X. Carrier certification costs money and there aren't really any relevant fixes in 4.4.2 for us.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
until the Moto G got it, I figured it was an update that was unnecessary for the X. It may still be, but now I'm curious at least. Seems the G and the X are so similar that the update would be required for both if one received it.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Punit Soni has commented several times that 4.4.2 for the X is coming...wait for it..."soon"! :D

Curious, where did you see that? I follow Punit Soni on G+ but haven't seen him say anything specifically about 4.4.2 coming to the X, but maybe I missed it. Here's a link to their new official Motorola Blog publication in case anybody wants to sign up for email delivery to keep up with the latest on Moto devices: The Official Motorola Blog: The Download: Moto G Gets Android 4.4.2, KitKat, in Record Time! And more.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine the 4.2.2 for moto x fixes some of the small bugs found in 4.4 specific for our phones. I'll welcome the update. I still think 4.2 ran smoother IMHO.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Curious, where did you see that? I follow Punit Soni on G+ but haven't seen him say anything specifically about 4.4.2 coming to the X, but maybe I missed it. Here's a link to their new official Motorola Blog publication in case anybody wants to sign up for email delivery to keep up with the latest on Moto devices: The Official Motorola Blog: The Download: Moto G Gets Android 4.4.2, KitKat, in Record Time! And more.

I saw it, too .. it was in the comments section of his G+ post about MG getting 4.4.2.

wally

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It's a very relevant upgrade for those who use exchange active sync

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Many people on 4.4.2 (not just the X) are experiencing an exchange email issue where mail stops syncing. Supposedly, 4.4.2 address the issue and fixes it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835