12-21-2013 03:31 PM
30 12
tools
    I have the 5s and tried the Moto X. Camera was huge step down unfortunately. I enjoyed the touchless controls and other things on the Moto X. What I couldnt get over was how truly bad the camera is on the X. No where near the quality of the 5S. Android was another reason for going back to the 5S. Hate to say it but it still has lag. I know I'll get flamed for it but Android is just not there yet as far as smoothness. The Moto was just not smooth at all, I could definitely see the lag and apps crashed at times.

In the end, I returned the X and went back to the 5S. IOS just works. No tinkering required as you usually have to in Android. It's all in user preference though, for me it was a no brainer. I may try Android again at some point, but it needs a lot of work.
    DS1331 likes this.
    12-21-2013 02:47 PM
    I have the 5s and tried the Moto X. Camera was huge step down unfortunately. I enjoyed the touchless controls and other things on the Moto X. What I couldnt get over was how truly bad the camera is on the X. No where near the quality of the 5S. Android was another reason for going back to the 5S. Hate to say it but it still has lag. I know I'll get flamed for it but Android is just not there yet as far as smoothness. The Moto was just not smooth at all, I could definitely see the lag and apps crashed at times.

In the end, I returned the X and went back to the 5S. IOS just works. No tinkering required as you usually have to in Android. It's all in user preference though, for me it was a no brainer. I may try Android again at some point, but it needs a lot of work.

I have to agree that the camera on the Moto X is indeed a step down - not huge, but definitely pretty big. As far as for lag and apps crashing on the X, I haven't had that experience at all. I have tried to use an iPhone, but I always get very frustrated, since it seems to take two or three steps to do what I can do in one on the Moto X. The only thing better on the iPhone is the camera (and it is a lot better, I agree) - everything else is faster, smoother, and more intuitive on the Moto X.
    12-21-2013 03:13 PM

I had an iPhone 5 and it lagged and apps crashed no more or no less then this X does, which is not often at all

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    12-21-2013 03:13 PM
    No.

If all you do is take pictures and you currently own a 5s you'll be returning the Moto X within 3hrs. The Moto X camera is horrible in comparison. Im a HUGE Moto X advocate but I've tried to get 5s owners that are camera only users to cross this bridge and it never happens because of poor X quality pics.

Everything about the Moto X in my opinion is better than the 5s but the camera, that's all the iPhone has.

Posted via Android Central App
    Totally true.
    12-21-2013 03:17 PM
    The camera is seriously the only downfall to this phone. And it isn't that bad. I get more than serviceable pics from it. If all you do is share pics and aren't too worried about printing them in 8x10 you'll be ok. I've gotten some bad shots, mostly in non ideal lighting. But when the light is good, I find the camera to take very solid pics. And it appears that Moto is committed to updating it.

Like others have said, I wouldn't sign a new 2 year contract for it. The way Android is, I would get it but make sure you keep that upgrade.
    12-21-2013 03:31 PM
30 12