Another $150 off full retail promo for the Moto X

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/2...ns-for-att-and-sprint-50-off-accessories-too/

Kicking yourself over missing out on the Cyber Monday Moto X deal that granted customers $150 off the full retail price? You, my friends, are in luck today. Thanks to a promo running through the Today Show (yes, that Today Show), you have a second chance at the same deal as long as you are interested in buying Sprint or AT&T models of the phone through MotoMaker (Edit: it now appears to be for all carrier models). Once again, you can grab a custom made Moto X at $350 without a contract for a limited time.

Similar to the botched Cyber Monday deal that eventually turned into a promo code bonanza, today?s deal also requires you to fill out a form and wait for a unique code to be emailed to you.

We should point out that through the deal you can choose to get the phone for $49.99 on-contract with Sprint or AT&T, and $29.99 on-contract with Verizon should you not want to buy the phone off-contract. During the registration step, you have to choose which way you are leaning.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
registered...only to realize the bamboo is not part of the promo...

yeah, there is no way they are going to discount the bamboo or other wood backs. Please post your code for others to use if you are not going to use it since there are limited number of codes that will be given out.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if the full-retail price will just eventually drop to $350 (16GB) in the near future.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Does this apply to Dev edition?
No. Code is for motomaker.com phones only. See the link:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/97700/action/auth

Motorola sez said:
Can I use my promo code on a Moto X Developer Edition or a Moto G?
No, the promotion is only valid on Moto X phones created with Moto Maker.

Can I use my promo code on a Moto X with Bamboo?
Sorry, no. This promotion is not valid on Moto X with a Bamboo back.

But if you are on a GSM carrier, the TMobile version has an unlockable bootloader. I think this voids the warranty, though. It is SIM unlocked.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/09/09/t-mobile-moto-x-added-to-motorola-bootloader-unlock-program/

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone sold their stock carrier white or black models to get a customized one? I just bought a woven white one on Swappa a month ago, but now I'm thinking I want to customize. Just trying to justify spending the extra money for a color...argh!

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone sold their stock carrier white or black models to get a customized one? I just bought a woven white one on Swappa a month ago, but now I'm thinking I want to customize. Just trying to justify spending the extra money for a color...argh!
If it has a woven white back and a black front and 32GB of storage, I think it is a dev ed that you bought.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If it has a woven white back and a black front and 32GB of storage, I think it is a dev ed that you bought.

Definitely not the Dev edition, just the standard woven white. I meant anyone that bought the all black or all white ones, have you resold them to get a customized option. I'm really torn on this, plus the thought of trying to explain it to my wife is terrifying! :cool:

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Definitely not the Dev edition, just the standard woven white. I meant anyone that bought the all black or all white ones, have you resold them to get a customized option. I'm really torn on this, plus the thought of trying to explain it to my wife is terrifying! :cool:

I haven't sold my Moto X but I have sold iPhones on swappa.com. Check out the site to see what the Moto X is going for.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy they're extending this offer thus giving those who initially missed out another chance, but I'm a little bummed that they didn't offer the 50% off one accessory from the start. I got 30% off the case I bought with the device, but 50% off would have been even sweeter. Oh well!

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy they're extending this offer thus giving those who initially missed out another chance, but I'm a little bummed that they didn't offer the 50% off one accessory from the start. I got 30% off the case I bought with the device, but 50% off would have been even sweeter. Oh well!
But IMO 50% off one accessory is not as good as 30% off as many accessories as you want.

I got screen protectors, skip dots, ear buds with a mic, griffin dock and slim charger all 30% off.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
But IMO 50% off one accessory is not as good as 30% off as many accessories as you want.

I got screen protectors, skip dots, ear buds with a mic, griffin dock and slim charger all 30% off.

That's true! I'm just being a brat because I ended up only buying one accessory, so I would have been a better candidate for this new promo.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1