Motorola Support

MYB87

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, this is my first post here i usually just lurk. :)

Like many of you i was really excited to order a Moto X after getting my promo code, unfortunately i wasn't as lucky to get one. My first Moto X order was canceled because i used a forwarding address. I called Motorola support and they said they could update my shipping address and they will reprocess the order again. I chatted with their support to update my address and here is how it went.

order 1 canceled.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------
Chat Transcript12/13/2013 09:32 AM
[09:25:00 AM] Hi, my name is George. How may I help you?
[09:26:02 AM] ********: Hi
I ordered the moto x a few days ago but my order was canceled because I used a forwarding address as my shipping address
[09:26:23 AM] ********: so I would like to change the shipping address.
[09:26:35 AM] ********: Order # 00252474
[09:26:47 AM] George: We apologize for any inconvenience. Please know that we will do our best to assist you on this.
[09:27:01 AM] George: Let me check the order, kindly hold on.
[09:30:18 AM] George: Thanks for waiting patiently and I am sorry for the long hold.
[09:30:27 AM] ********: no problem
[09:31:11 AM] George: Since the order was been cancelled, I am not be able to change the order details in my end. But I do understand that the coupon was been used for this order. For this, I stronly suggest to contact our Motomaker support at 8663724925.
[09:31:16 AM] George: Please provide your phone number and email that you entered through this chat session to our live agent when you called, these will be good as your reference.
[09:31:42 AM] ********: ok thank you
[09:32:12 AM] George: You are welcome. If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
[09:32:13 AM] '********' disconnected ('Concluded by Agent').
I called the number listed above, spent around 30 min with them and they told me they can't process the order and i have to reorder again with the new address. I made a new order and a day later it was canceled again.

order 2 canceled.jpg

There is no reason shown at all just canceled and call us. I called the number and spent 47 min with support basically just confirming my information. The lady would ask me to confirm my phone number and then put me on hold for almost 10-15 min. She then ask to confirm my address and then again on hold for 10-15 min and so on until i got disconnected, i didn't even know why it was canceled. At the point i was fed up and i didn't want the Moto x or anything to do with Motorola. Two days later i received this email

Via Email (Michelle)12/16/2013 12:10 PM
Hi ********,
This is in reference to the order that got cancelled. We are so sorry for the inconvenience. We suggest that you call our Cancel Order Review Hotline at 1-866-282-7387. I know that you used a
code in placing the order. Once the Cancel Order Review Team assured you that your order will not be cancelled anymore, Give us a call or reply to this email and we will send you a new code
immediately.
Thank you so much for the patience! Have a blessed day!

Regards,
Motorola Mobility

i didn't want the order anymore, this was my response:

Customer By Email (Mohammed Bushnag)12/16/2013 04:42 PM
I spent 47 min on hold with your support yesterday ?confirming my information?, and you guys still cant figure out how to process the order. Now you want me to call again and do what? stay on
hold? This is a waste of time, I don't want your stupid device anymore and I am never going to buy anything from Motorola again.

i thought that would be the end it of it but i was wrong they completely ignored me and sent this a few days later. I don't even know what its supposed to mean.

Via Email (Jeneca)12/18/2013 06:10 PM
Good day.
We are just making a follow up regarding your concern about your Moto X phone.
If you still need further assistance, please feel free to contact us, by calling 800-734- 5870. The customer service hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 10 PM, Saturday
and Sunday 9 AM ? 6 PM CST.
Thank you.
Motorola Customer Support

I thought i made it clear that i don't want the device but this is what i got today. They reversed one of the canceled orders and reprocessed it, yet they were telling me that they couldn't do any changes to the orders. They also reprocessed a canceled order without my consent and after it i made it clear that i don't want it.

order 2 rep.jpg

I spoke with chat just a few hours ago and this is what they said
Fawn: Hi, my name is Fawn. How may I help you?
******** *******: Hi
******** *******: I would like you to refer to Incident # 131214-000146 and I want you to read the last thing I wrote there.
Fawn: Hello. What may I help you with?
Fawn: Ok. One moment please.
******** *******: My Moto x order was cancelled twice.
******** *******: When I got fed up with Motorola customer service and process, I told them very clearly that I don?t want the device (Moto X) anymore.
Fawn: Okay. Let me see what I can do to assist you. One moment sir.
******** *******: Now one of those orders were reprocessed and being prepared for shipping without my consent.
******** *******: I want the order 00266928 to be canceled immediately before it ships.
Fawn: I apologize for the inconvenience let me see what I can do to solve this.
Fawn: The order is at a point that its not able to be cancelled. Once you get the product you are welcome to contact us to get a free shipping label to return the product.
******** *******: Please don?t waste more of my time and yours.
******** *******: If the order ships I won?t accept it and will return it back to sender
Fawn: I do want you to know that if you refuse the package instead of getting an RMA from us the refund process will take much longer.
******** *******: I will also dispute any charges made on my credit card.
Fawn: You are welcome to dispute the charges if you would like. If you contact us once you get it and we give you a RMA your refund will happen much sooner.
Fawn: I apologize for the inconvenience.
******** *******: you have no right to process the order when i clearly stated that i dont want it
Fawn: Once the order is past a certain point there is nothing we can do to reverse it.
******** *******: it was already canceled
******** *******: i didnt make the order again
Fawn: Just contact us once you receive it so we can get the refund for you quicker.
Fawn: Again I apologize there is nothing we can do to cancel the order at this point. Contact us when you get it so we can give you a RMA

I really don't want the Moto x now at all, it will only remind me of the horrible experience i had with Motorola.
I never encountered such a horrible costumer service before, and i bought hundreds of product online, am i being unreasonable with my requests?

would love to hear your thoughts about this and a course of action.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I really don't want the Moto x now at all, it will only remind me of the horrible experience i had with Motorola.

Honestly, I think you should keep the phone. Not only will it be easier at this point, but you'll get over this experience with customer support--especially once you start using the phone regularly. At that point, you'll be glad you have an awesome device.

Tony Rizzo

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I just went through he same crap as you. They have my Moto back but need 10 days to investigate the matter then submit for refund. I refused delivery also. LOL

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
There are many retailers that do not allow cancellations after an order is placed. They do it for a variety of reasons, but in the end, it is cheaper for them to not allow cancellations than to allow them. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me with many different companies.

Bottom line is that if you had gone the RMA route, you would get your refund faster.

MYB87

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I think you should keep the phone. Not only will it be easier at this point, but you'll get over this experience with customer support--especially once you start using the phone regularly. At that point, you'll be glad you have an awesome device.

then what happens if i received a bad/defective moto x, call support ? i dont trust them at all

I just went through he same crap as you. They have my Moto back but need 10 days to investigate the matter then submit for refund. I refused delivery also. LOL

there must be something that can be done about this

There are many retailers that do not allow cancellations after an order is placed. They do it for a variety of reasons, but in the end, it is cheaper for them to not allow cancellations than to allow them. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me with many different companies.

Bottom line is that if you had gone the RMA route, you would get your refund faster.

they shouldn't have sent it in the first place, these orders were already canceled.

MYB87

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
@Tony Rizzo Have you tried disputing the transaction with your bank ?

They shipped mine :-\. This is the first time i am not thrilled to receive a new device

shipped.jpg

GNexROC

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you had a pretty bad experience and that sucks. At this point why not just try the phone? If you like it keep it, if not send it back. Why make yourself settle for another phone you may not like as much just because you had a bad experience with the order process. Its not the end of the world. You might as well get enjoyment out of the phone now that it is on its way.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be a "common theme" for the Motorola C/S as evidenced by this thread and also the Motorola Moto X forum, bad customer service! I too had a similar occurrence with an order for a Motorola Air Jacket case for my Moto X. What one would assume, would be a simple order, ended up being over an hour of phone time with them, numerous put on holds for 10-15 minutes, lots of apologizes but overall very inept at making a simple task a "cluster".

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
This is one of many lousy experiences with Moto customer "service". No reason to go into it, but as ultravisitor said in post #2, you get over it after using the device..it's that good. Kinda like being in a restaurant with awful service, but if the food is good you eventually forget how bad the service was

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say it's a common theme at all. Just search the forum here and you'll see where a TON of us are extremely pleased with Motorola. That said, their decision to process your order anyway is weird and totally not cool. Your second cancellation is strange, it's almost like they were missing a part of whatever combination you ordered and someone cancelled it instead of putting it on hold. I don't know. If it's any consolation, I have zero reservations about Motorola. They got mine out fast, they threw in a $25 Google Play card because I couldn't get the redemption for a $10 one to work, and they were prompt the whole way. I don't blame you for feeling like you do, but like it's been mentioned, you should give the device a try. I'm a Nexus guy at heart and I've always messed with whatever device is in my pocket, but the Moto X is easily the most satisfying I've ever owned. Don't settle for what you don't want. You wanted the MX enough to attempt to purchase it, so give it a week and reevaluate.

I'm not making excuses for how Motorola handled things in your case, rather just playing Devil's Advocate for a really nice device.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I feel for you. I went through he-ll with the CSR, too. And, I chatted with "Fawn" as well and she was clueless. I asked for her supervisor and she was helpful - but I still don't trust Motorola...or their devices. If you really feel strongly about not wanting a Moto X, just get a refund. Unfortunately, a lot of incompetent off-shore CSRs are the ones to "handle" issues - and they do it SO badly.

emobo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Folks I had a disaster of a time getting my Moto X which was very similar to what was discussed. I waited for hours on hold for someone that week. I feel your frustration.

All I can say is try to understand the reps aren't the ones completely at fault.

And never use the chat feature. All the chat people are not very good compared to the phone reps on Austin. They made things happen for me.

orangezebra

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Myb87- that is super frustrating! It kinda blows my mind that this could even happen.

If you're asking for advice, mine would be to at least try the phone out. A grudge is hard to overcome but if any phone can do it it's the moto x.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope this is priority one on Motos list. I'm sure they have a contract that can't get out of with their overseas call center that needs to expire but jeez. The stories keep coming.

Posted via Android Central App

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
And never use the chat feature. All the chat people are not very good compared to the phone reps on Austin. They made things happen for me.
You only get the US reps on the phone during regular working hours. After hours and on weekends you get the call center in India.

I can't complain about any of the customer service I received from Motorola, both chat and by phone. My dev ed took 1 week to ship after the Cyber Monday sale.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
While I can certainly understand the OP's frustration, I think we all have to realize that things like this are bound to happen. First of all, the Moto X is new, the Motomaker system is new, and there are huge numbers of orders being processed right now. Remember the complaints from all of the Nexus 4 people when they could not place an order or when Google ran out so quickly?

I am sorry for the OP's situation and hopefully Motorola is learning from this as Google did.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I know it's different situations, but the chat reps have been fantastic for me.

Posted via Android Central App