Battery question

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the explanation. But now I'm puzzled. I've not done any of that today, and it's used that much of the battery.

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My wife does not do use hers much. 73 percent at 49 hours!

Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-22-11-43-24.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-22-11-43-24.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 72

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Media Server is a process you'll most likely see any time your playing MP3's, listening to a podcast, watching video's/streaming Netflix, etc. If something is coming through your speakers or headphones (other than maybe a phone call on your speaker phone) then Media Server is at work.

If I'm not using my X to do any of those things, do you know why it would be using that much of my battery? Today, I was streaming ESPN radio for about 2 hours, so I understand if the media server would be on then, but yesterday I did none of those things.
Thanks.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not using my X to do any of those things, do you know why it would be using that much of my battery? Today, I was streaming ESPN radio for about 2 hours, so I understand if the media server would be on then, but yesterday I did none of those things.
Thanks.
Well if you're rooted, you can try this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....rrr.android.mediaserverkiller&token=YyDqufgK

Have you downloaded any new apps recently? I know Photobutton will cause Mediaserver to go nuts.

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Link??

It's normal in the sense it's happening to many people, it's not normal in the sense that it should not drain that much. Recently I made a big post about it on Google Plus, and a couple moto employees actually replied that they knew about it and were working on a fix. Apparently it's from a few different things, so it should get better and better as updates come out. That being said, even with the idle drain I still get great battery life from this thing. Easily get through the day! Anyways, a fix is coming!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
No sync is turned on! GPS is on and Assist is on for driving mode. It sleeps from 11 to 7. I think the point is we only have to recharge her "Smart Phone", that she wanted to be able to text with the grandkids, every four to five days.

Chris

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if Nova Launcher drains battery much? I used to have awesome battery life of one to two days worth, but lately I'm getting 10-12 hours at most, even with minimal use. And it drains heavily overnight. The rest of my settings are the same, so I'm thinking it must be Nova or some other app I've installed.

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If you disable voice commands and localization (not sure how the setting is called in English), you should get at most 5% in 9 hours of stand by...
That's what I got from mine, while connected to an excellent signal WiFi... If I leave it on 3g, the battery consumption is a bit higher, but less than 10% per night I believe...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine looses around 2% every hour in the night. What's strange is my wife Atrix HD just loses 3% the whole night. We run almost the same apps and hers last 3 days and mine not even a day with little usage. I am seriously considering to return it
Interesting. I haven't tested that, yet, since I usually charge the phone over night.

I go on vacation to places with no phone signal. I used to bring the Photon and put it in airplane mode and use it as my clock. It lasted a week with extremely light use, and reliably woke me up on time every morning. Maybe this phone can't do that.

Sarah Carswell

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to toss my (original) razr out due to HORRIBBLE battery..best buy is offering this phone at $1, ending tonight..so nervous. Has anyone upgraded from a razr to this one? If so, notable battery difference?
Thanks, Sarah

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to toss my (original) razr out due to HORRIBBLE battery..best buy is offering this phone at $1, ending tonight..so nervous. Has anyone upgraded from a razr to this one? If so, notable battery difference?
Thanks, Sarah

Yes. It will be much faster and battery life improved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
You've got "Battery Saver" turned on which disables all background data.

Battery saver only does that from 15-0%! Now sleep mode under Asist is a different thing. Sleep times can be set by user. Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery saver only does that from 15-0%! Now sleep mode under Asist is a different thing. Sleep times can be set by user. Chris

Yes, it automatically kicks in at 15% but I think you can also enable it manually at any percentage.

Last edited:

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it automatically kicks in at 15% but I think you can also enable it manually at any percentage.

As pointed out in the other thread, you are wrong. It only works when enable on the bottom 15%. Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx