Active Notification Question

jim1405

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about picking up a Moto X with the Today Show code I just received but have a question about active notifications.

When you miss a call, sms etc. I know the phone will display this on the screen but does it continue to display this info until you log in or does the active notification only display for a short period than go away until you pick up the phone? I ask because I leave the phone in the house if I'm out doing something in the garage or yard and can miss calls. My current phone has an LED that I can just glance at to see if there are any missed calls and it will continue to blink until I check the message. I find this handy since I can quickly see if there are any missed events. Hoping the Moto X works the same way with active notifications.

Thx.

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, any message synced to active notifications will display on and off till you check it. I think every 7-8 seconds and does not affect battery life.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I can say my moto x does it and did it all night last night for emails. And it went down only 10% during a 10hr sleep. So far so good. My Nexus or note 2 would drop way more and no active notification on it.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I can say my moto x does it and did it all night last night for emails. And it went down only 10% during a 10hr sleep. So far so good. My Nexus or note 2 would drop way more and no active notification on it.

You know that you can "sleep" active notifications overnight, right?

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
A little different question on active notification.

Anyone know how to get a non stock email app like K9 to show on active notification?

Thanks.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know how to get a non stock email app like K9 to show on active notification?

Thanks.

There's a setting for it in the settings, active notification settings, show which apps to show. Will only work if an app supports it.

Posted via Android Central App

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You know that you can "sleep" active notifications overnight, right?

Hallux, I am fully aware but since my update to kit kat and the recent update of the app I can't get the sleep mode to work, already emailed motorola on it

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

There's a setting for it in the settings, active notification settings, show which apps to show. Will only work if an app supports it.

And k-9 definitely supports it. I'd forgotten that I had to tell the phone to include it among the active notifications.

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about picking up a Moto X with the Today Show code I just received but have a question about active notifications.

When you miss a call, sms etc. I know the phone will display this on the screen but does it continue to display this info until you log in or does the active notification only display for a short period than go away until you pick up the phone? I ask because I leave the phone in the house if I'm out doing something in the garage or yard and can miss calls. My current phone has an LED that I can just glance at to see if there are any missed calls and it will continue to blink until I check the message. I find this handy since I can quickly see if there are any missed events. Hoping the Moto X works the same way with active notifications.

Thx.

I have a Nexus 5 and a Moto X. I'm deciding which to keep. I just received the X a few days ago. As another poster mentioned, the notifications will continue to "breathe" until it is checked. While I don't speak for everyone, I don't find the active notifications to be a huge deal. I've had a similar app on my N5, Dynamic Notifications, which has similar features to Active Notifications, but is more customizable. I can turn on/off the breathing feature, and set the interval of breathing. There is a night mode. I haven't found it to use up much battery. With Dynamic Notifications, I found the Nexus to drain 0.5-1%/hr at night. I'm also testing Active Notifications on the X. I haven't had a chance to get a nano SIM from it yet, but I have the phone set on Airplane mode, wifi on, bluetooth on, mobile data off. I rebooted the phone, and I'm finding about 2% drain/hr. The phone is new, and may take some time to settle it.

Personally, I find the LED notification light on the Nexus to be equally useful as either Dynamic Notifications or Active Notifications on the X. I have Lightflow installed on my N5 to customize the LED color for individual app notifications.

Many people have found the active notification feature to be a something they can't live without. At least for me, it's very nice, but the LED lights work as well.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree I went from an HTC one x to note 2 to N4 and now moto x. Love the active notifications it has but the led notification was also very useful in there uses on the other phones.

Cyder

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to change the interval of the active notification ? Seems to pulse even without a text.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz