I am thinking about picking up a Moto X with the Today Show code I just received but have a question about active notifications.

When you miss a call, sms etc. I know the phone will display this on the screen but does it continue to display this info until you log in or does the active notification only display for a short period than go away until you pick up the phone? I ask because I leave the phone in the house if I'm out doing something in the garage or yard and can miss calls. My current phone has an LED that I can just glance at to see if there are any missed calls and it will continue to blink until I check the message. I find this handy since I can quickly see if there are any missed events. Hoping the Moto X works the same way with active notifications.

Thx.
    12-21-2013 08:36 PM
    Yes, any message synced to active notifications will display on and off till you check it. I think every 7-8 seconds and does not affect battery life.
    12-21-2013 08:49 PM
    Excellent. I think I'll order one tonight.

Thanks.
    12-21-2013 09:29 PM
    I can say my moto x does it and did it all night last night for emails. And it went down only 10% during a 10hr sleep. So far so good. My Nexus or note 2 would drop way more and no active notification on it.
    12-21-2013 09:58 PM
    I can say my moto x does it and did it all night last night for emails. And it went down only 10% during a 10hr sleep. So far so good. My Nexus or note 2 would drop way more and no active notification on it.
    You know that you can "sleep" active notifications overnight, right?
    12-21-2013 10:22 PM
    A little different question on active notification.

Anyone know how to get a non stock email app like K9 to show on active notification?

Thanks.
    12-21-2013 10:37 PM

Anyone know how to get a non stock email app like K9 to show on active notification?

Thanks.
    There's a setting for it in the settings, active notification settings, show which apps to show. Will only work if an app supports it.

Posted via Android Central App
    labs point likes this.
    12-21-2013 11:23 PM
    You know that you can "sleep" active notifications overnight, right?
    Hallux, I am fully aware but since my update to kit kat and the recent update of the app I can't get the sleep mode to work, already emailed motorola on it

12-21-2013 11:24 PM

Thanks.
    There's a setting for it in the settings, active notification settings, show which apps to show. Will only work if an app supports it.

And k-9 definitely supports it. I'd forgotten that I had to tell the phone to include it among the active notifications.
    labs point likes this.
    12-21-2013 11:39 PM
    Excellent, that was easy. Gracias.
    12-22-2013 12:12 AM
    I am thinking about picking up a Moto X with the Today Show code I just received but have a question about active notifications.

When you miss a call, sms etc. I know the phone will display this on the screen but does it continue to display this info until you log in or does the active notification only display for a short period than go away until you pick up the phone? I ask because I leave the phone in the house if I'm out doing something in the garage or yard and can miss calls. My current phone has an LED that I can just glance at to see if there are any missed calls and it will continue to blink until I check the message. I find this handy since I can quickly see if there are any missed events. Hoping the Moto X works the same way with active notifications.

Thx.
    I have a Nexus 5 and a Moto X. I'm deciding which to keep. I just received the X a few days ago. As another poster mentioned, the notifications will continue to "breathe" until it is checked. While I don't speak for everyone, I don't find the active notifications to be a huge deal. I've had a similar app on my N5, Dynamic Notifications, which has similar features to Active Notifications, but is more customizable. I can turn on/off the breathing feature, and set the interval of breathing. There is a night mode. I haven't found it to use up much battery. With Dynamic Notifications, I found the Nexus to drain 0.5-1%/hr at night. I'm also testing Active Notifications on the X. I haven't had a chance to get a nano SIM from it yet, but I have the phone set on Airplane mode, wifi on, bluetooth on, mobile data off. I rebooted the phone, and I'm finding about 2% drain/hr. The phone is new, and may take some time to settle it.

Personally, I find the LED notification light on the Nexus to be equally useful as either Dynamic Notifications or Active Notifications on the X. I have Lightflow installed on my N5 to customize the LED color for individual app notifications.

Many people have found the active notification feature to be a something they can't live without. At least for me, it's very nice, but the LED lights work as well.
    ffejjj likes this.
    12-22-2013 08:11 AM
    I agree I went from an HTC one x to note 2 to N4 and now moto x. Love the active notifications it has but the led notification was also very useful in there uses on the other phones.
    12-22-2013 08:29 AM
    Is there a way to change the interval of the active notification ? Seems to pulse even without a text.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 03:39 PM