Free WiFi tether on Verizon with Unlimited Data

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WiFi tether on Verizon with Unlimited Data

Is anyone else using Verizon and just able to tether using the stock mobile hotspot in the settings? I can tether whether on Wi-Fi or on a mobile connection no problem. I don't need an aftermarket app.
Do you have unlimited data? It is only a problem if you have unlimited data - tiered data plans and share everything plans can use native tethering without any problems.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Is anyone else using Verizon and just able to tether using the stock mobile hotspot in the settings? I can tether whether on Wi-Fi or on a mobile connection no problem. I don't need an aftermarket app.

Sent from my Moto X

It is only a problem for those on VZW unlimited data. Share everything works fine. Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

ah, that's it then. I'm on a shared plan. Dumped unlimited over a year ago since i am on wifi all the time anyway and really did not need it.

xxtdxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I tether with the stock app all the time with unlimited data. What's the problem with that?

cw18306

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have seen others use this with success on other 4.4 devices and was wondering if anyone with a Moto X has tried/verified this works to get FoxFi to work.

Unrooted: Do a factory reset.

Rooted: "confirmed, Deleting or renaming /data/misc/wifi solves the problem."

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi there. I do use my native hotspot app ( I'm using a Moto X ) . I do have a unlimited data. But not everyone can do it. My wife moto x is not letting me use it,

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Makes no sense. I find it very hard to believe that there's a "glitch" for the very few "lucky" Verizon customers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan