HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
:eek: Here's to hoping it works :)

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks...but I'm just going through the basic set up and it keeps saying, 'Drive stopped" and "Sim card locked". I mean, FFS, Motorola....now I have to reboot, straight out of the box.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks...but I'm just going through the basic set up and it keeps saying, 'Drive stopped" and "Sim card locked". I mean, FFS, Motorola....now I have to reboot, straight out of the box.

:eek: you are a very unlucky person :\

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. And they can't seem to keep up with the requests.

Motorola did offer to send me a replacement phone without the personalization of Motomaker - just a straight-out phone, but that defeats (most) of the purpose of customizing a phone to my liking. I didn't go through all this only to end up with two lemons and then just be given whatever they have at hand in their warehouse.

Also, this "made in America" thing is not looking good with all the duds being mailed out to people. I said so to Motorola, too. But I don't think they must cared, to be honest...

For every one that is bad I'm sure there are 100 that are just fine. But in any case like this the unhappy customers are the loudest...

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Good lord, what does that say about their quality control, if true?
The QA for all for these android cell phones is low, particularly for those made in china. It is a business decision made by the manufacturers - it is cheaper to replace phones than it is to institute QA in these factories. And since all of them, and I mean all of them, do it, no one manufacturer has an advantage.

Samsung's QA with the GNex was horrible.

And btw - you have received stellar customer service from all you have reported. Just try getting that level of customer service from Samsung.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
:eek: you are a very unlucky person :\

Or it's a sign from the phone gods that I should get a Nexus 5.

Anyhow, I'm now connected, but I keep hearing a crackling sound and my own voice bouncing back at me when it's on speaker phone. Normal?

Also, I'm not going to update to KitKat yet to see if it's getting better reception without it. I'm honestly at a loss what else to do?

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The QA for all for these android cell phones is low, particularly for those made in china. It is a business decision made by the manufacturers - it is cheaper to replace phones than it is to institute QA in these factories. And since all of them, and I mean all of them, do it, no one manufacturer has an advantage.

Samsung's QA with the GNex was horrible.

And btw - you have received stellar customer service from all you have reported. Just try getting that level of customer service from Samsung.

This is advertised specifically as Made In America, so...

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Also, I'm not going to update to KitKat yet to see if it's getting better reception without it. I'm honestly at a loss what else to do?

Were there particular bug fixes bundled into the Sprint Kit Kat update, though? If so, it'd be a mistake to not install Kit Kat and make a judgment on the phone. Also, remember that the longer you use the phone without installing Kit Kat, the likelier it will be that you'll have to do a factory reset to work out any kinks when you finally do.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Were there particular bug fixes bundled into the Sprint Kit Kat update, though? If so, it'd be a mistake to not install Kit Kat and make a judgment on the phone. Also, remember that the longer you use the phone without installing Kit Kat, the likelier it will be that you'll have to do a factory reset to work out any kinks when you finally do.

My other 2 X's had KitKat installed, same issues. I thought if I didn't on this one, it might help...but already, not so much. I just wrote Matt from Motorola. We'll see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta