Moto X (1st gen): Won't Power On

Lisa Donigian

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto X Won't Power On

I'm ready to cry because this is happening to me and I just found this forum. Won't turn on, won't charge. Yesterday I was able to get that re-boot menu, but not today. As with most people, my life is on there! Photos, calendar, list after list...so afraid of loosing everything! It's now plugged into the PC and my fingers are crossed.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

I'm ready to cry because this is happening to me and I just found this forum. Won't turn on, won't charge. Yesterday I was able to get that re-boot menu, but not today. As with most people, my life is on there! Photos, calendar, list after list...so afraid of loosing everything! It's now plugged into the PC and my fingers are crossed.

Let us know if it works.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

If that doesn't work try to factory charger and cable. If that doesn't work try a high amperage tablet charger.

Juanita Renee

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

It worked perfectly. As soon as I did it... it powered on. I was so scared that I would have to buy another phone.
Thanks for this tip.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

dmarinon

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

It happened to me too several times, it looks like moto powers off when in my pocket even if it has a good charge.
I think it reacts to overheating and turns itself off, so I just have to connect it to a charger and it gets back working.

dbry

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

It has happened to me twice recently when phone was almost fully charged. Seems to have something to do with holding down the volume/power button for longer than the phone likes. I seem to be accidentally doing this a lot lately. Or maybe the phone is getting more sensitive. Seems like a bad design, since this is something that can happen easily when you're just holding the phone or it's in pocket/purse. I tried holding down the power button for 20+ seconds. Nothing happened til I did that and then pressed the smaller screen light button.

jnugglet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have tried everything mentioned and my phone will not keep a charge. It is currently connected to my PC with the stock charger and will not keep or hold a charge above 2%. Sadface. Any other pointers would be appreciated!!

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

I have tried everything mentioned and my phone will not keep a charge. It is currently connected to my PC with the stock charger and will not keep or hold a charge above 2%. Sadface. Any other pointers would be appreciated!!
Connect it to the wall outlet instead of the PC.

therealdort

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

ok. yesterday i was freaking out and i was talking with my friend larry and we thought the battery was dead because my phone had died and wasn't coming to life
my dad somehow got it to charge last night and this morning i unplugged it and attempted to power it back on, thinking that it was fine now, but alas, no luck. I've tried most things, holding the power button, with both volume keys, plugging it into laptops, walls, even my portable charger.
the only damage it has is a cracked screen and its showing some of the underneath near the camera.

please help im freaking out again.

harry o

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks loads. I at least got a display. plugged in again and now charging. May be okay now-- thanks again--was goign to drive to T-Mobile store
and ask for their help--would have felt pretty dumb if they just pressed the buttons for 20 seconds, patted me on the head, and said there you go old man.

Last edited:

Fasi UZ Zaman

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
problem in my moto x XT1058 I try To Root for pc In FastBoot Mod After Root Script Is Complet My Moto Is Restart But Is Not Open Yet itry everything tell me what I do please

Patra Wilson

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

my moto X (1st Gen) phone wont power on. It just went off and when it battery icon showed 100% after charging, tried putting it on but it kept optimizing and wont come on at all. I took it for repairs and the engineer says that I have to "flash". Please is there any thing else I can do to save my phone? I can be contacted through my mail [email address redacted by Mod] Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: