When I drop below 15% battery - and almost every time I drop below 10% - I get a sudden drop to 1% "available" showing, then a flatline of 1% available for like 45 minutes of use that is clearly not accurate.

I forgot to take a SS last night but I'll try to grab one tonight. The problem is that I can never tell if it's *REALLY* 1% available or really 14% or something. As soon as I charge it, it will typically go from 1% to 14%.

I've done a cache clear and I've got a Developer Edition.

Moto support suggested the cache clear, but that hasn't seemed to fix it. I'm guessing they'll next tell me to factory reset, and considering how we still don't have a real built-in backup I'd rather not play Helium-roulette.

Not rooted. Will not root. Other suggestions welcomed!
    12-24-2013 09:02 AM
    I would have thought a cache clear would help too. Have you tried GSAM monitor? I haven't but a lot of people like it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm
    12-24-2013 09:15 AM
    When I drop below 15% battery - and almost every time I drop below 10% - I get a sudden drop to 1% "available" showing, then a flatline of 1% available for like 45 minutes of use that is clearly not accurate.

I forgot to take a SS last night but I'll try to grab one tonight. The problem is that I can never tell if it's *REALLY* 1% available or really 14% or something. As soon as I charge it, it will typically go from 1% to 14%.

I've done a cache clear and I've got a Developer Edition.

Moto support suggested the cache clear, but that hasn't seemed to fix it. I'm guessing they'll next tell me to factory reset, and considering how we still don't have a real built-in backup I'd rather not play Helium-roulette.

Not rooted. Will not root. Other suggestions welcomed!
    I do sometimes have that glitch, but I think there are also actual battery glitches that drains your battery. Here is a few things that I have tried that drastically helped not drain the battery as often:

1: Settings->locations->mode and set to device only

2: set Google location reporting and location history off

With these tweaks I have reduced drain, but there is something else that drains battery. One thing that does drain battery greatly is missed calls that happens when your phone is in the pocket. I am unsure if it is in general or if it is when assist is on with your phone set as in a meeting. Yesterday at work I had a missed call while my phone was in my pocket and while assist and meetings was activated. When I pulled my phone to check notifications later on, I noticed that my phone was already unlocked and was on the home screen. I cleared all notifications and turned off the phone's screen. When I went back to my car later on I noticed that my battery drained 25% and it was 2 hours since I last checked my phone. I checked my phone's battery stats and noticed that the CPU was constantly awake without any sleep since I received the missed call. I had tried many things to put my CPU asleep, but no matter what I did it wouldn't sleep unless I rebooted the phone. I thought maybe it was just my phone, but there is another person with the same problem who posted on ac.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-24-2013 09:23 AM
    I would have thought a cache clear would help too. Have you tried GSAM monitor? I haven't but a lot of people like it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm
    Since Google made the private wakelock API private and unavailable to userspace in 4.4, GSAM and others require root to work to their fullest now.

It's not a battery drain issue btw. It's a battery % reporting issue. The battery is definitely not going from 14% to 1% instantaneously and then staying at 1% for an hour or more. It's at 14%, then drops below that, reports 1% but really has 13%, if you get my drift. Thanks tho!
    12-24-2013 09:34 AM
    I do sometimes have that glitch, but I think there are also actual battery glitches that drains your battery. Here is a few things that I have tried that drastically helped not drain the battery as often:

1: Settings->locations->mode and set to device only

2: set Google location reporting and location history off

With these tweaks I have reduced drain, but there is something else that drains battery. One thing that does drain battery greatly is missed calls that happens when your phone is in the pocket. I am unsure if it is in general or if it is when assist is on with your phone set as in a meeting. Yesterday at work I had a missed call while my phone was in my pocket and while assist and meetings was activated. When I pulled my phone to check notifications later on, I noticed that my phone was already unlocked and was on the home screen. I cleared all notifications and turned off the phone's screen. When I went back to my car later on I noticed that my battery drained 25% and it was 2 hours since I last checked my phone. I checked my phone's battery stats and noticed that the CPU was constantly awake without any sleep since I received the missed call. I had tried many things to put my CPU asleep, but no matter what I did it wouldn't sleep unless I rebooted the phone. I thought maybe it was just my phone, but there is another person with the same problem who posted on ac.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for the reply - but it's not a battery drain issue. I get 12-18 hours on a charge with heavy use and no wifi. This is purely a reporting issue. It goes from 14% --> 1% instantaneously, then stays at 1% (which at that time is really 13%) for an hour or more of use.
    12-24-2013 09:36 AM
    Since Google made the private wakelock API private and unavailable to userspace in 4.4, GSAM and others require root to work to their fullest now.

It's not a battery drain issue btw. It's a battery % reporting issue. The battery is definitely not going from 14% to 1% instantaneously and then staying at 1% for an hour or more. It's at 14%, then drops below that, reports 1% but really has 13%, if you get my drift. Thanks tho!
    I forgot about 4.4, I just thought the app might give different results.
    12-24-2013 09:43 AM
    I forgot about 4.4, I just thought the app might give different results.
    All of them use the system battery percentage API - I use Battery Widget Reborn, as well as BetterBatteryStats and they both report the same numbers. Good idea, though.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-24-2013 10:07 AM
    What I've learned is the best way to calibrate the Battery % *reporting* is to drain it only down to about 15%, power it down, charge it to 100% and leave it plugged in for another couple hours or longer. Doing it overnight is easiest for me...do it a couple nights...done.
    ShoelerDroid likes this.
    12-24-2013 11:17 AM
    What I've learned is the best way to calibrate the Battery % *reporting* is to drain it only down to about 15%, power it down, charge it to 100% and leave it plugged in for another couple hours or longer. Doing it overnight is easiest for me...do it a couple nights...done.
    I'll give that a shot but since I use my phone as an alarm clock, I'll have to do it over the weekend when I don't need an alarm! Thanks!
    12-24-2013 11:18 AM