Just got my Moto X, few questions

MexPride

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So my MX just arrives this morning and I'm already having some trouble with this. First the right bezel on the screen is a bit wider than the left which sucks. Than a couple more questions:

1. When I turn mobile data on it automatically goes to 4G but the thing is theres no 4G where I live and I'm worried this is draining battery. Is there a way to switch to 3G? I only saw the option to 2G.

2. Do I have to go to settings for each option?? I know theres an easy way at the top right hand corner but it takes you to settings where you have to select if you want something on or off.
3. Is it worth upgrading to 4.4??

Thanks!!

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
1. What do you mean? Is it trying to connect to 4G and has 0 bars or does it actually have a connection?
2. There should be a few apps within the app store that allow you to turn off the 4G and switch to 3G, let me see if I can find one for you
3. I think it is. Most people haven't had issues with it and you get a few extra features with Kit Kat
Edit: Here's an app that should work for turning off LTE. It's for the Thunderbolt but it should work with the X as well https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff&token=wOchHKAQ

MexPride

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
1. What do you mean? Is it trying to connect to 4G and has 0 bars or does it actually have a connection?
2. There should be a few apps within the app store that allow you to turn off the 4G and switch to 3G, let me see if I can find one for you.
3. I think it is. Most people haven't had issues with it and you get a few extra features with Kit Kat

It automatically detects 4G and has full bars. I have mobile data but it can't be 4G because it doesn't exist here which is weird. I think its 3G but I'm worried since it detects 4G it drains more battery.

Edit: thanks for the app!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It automatically detects 4G and has full bars. I have mobile data but it can't be 4G because it doesn't exist here which is weird. I think its 3G but I'm worried since it detects 4G it drains more battery.

Note 8.0

Weird. What carrier are you on? If it didn't have 4G it wouldn't connect to it...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Weird. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if the speed is the same on 4G on 3G I'd turn it off just in case :)

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure you are not roaming to another carriers LTE. Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1387930851363.jpg
    1387930851363.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 101

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
First the right bezel on the screen is a bit wider than the left which sucks.

Since these are mass produced in an automated factory fabrication process, I don't see how this is possible unless there is a fault in the screen where the alignment of the pixels don't extend to the far right end of the actual screen. Regardless, if this is really the case, I would definitely contact Motorola to arrange a replacement due to faulty hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Howdid you find this option???

Settings>More...>Mobile Networks

MexPride

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Since these are mass produced in an automated factory fabrication process, I don't see how this is possible unless there is a fault in the screen where the alignment of the pixels don't extend to the far right end of the actual screen. Regardless, if this is really the case, I would definitely contact Motorola to arrange a replacement due to faulty hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Settings>More...>Mobile Networks

Thanks, also is there a way to close all apps with one button?? Instead of swiping one by one

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is a option on the Moto X but I can do that by hitting that button on the bottom left

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1387954023960.jpg
    1387954023960.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 59

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Not using stock Android (which Moto mostly is).

You can on a stock rom but only with Xposed Framework and Gravity Box (need root). Can't seem to find a reason to run a custom rom on my N5 since KitKat is beautiful (really the GEL and immersive mode) and incredibly smooth/fast and I can get just about any custom features I loved on CM/AOKP with XF and GB. Custom kernel is certainly a different story. Anyway, might want to check that out OP.

Also, I read it as the right bezel is slightly bigger when in landscape. If so, lots of phones that a slightly larger bottom bezel. If you mean when it's in portrait mode you have a defective device...

tech addicted

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
You can on a stock rom but only with Xposed Framework and Gravity Box (need root). Can't seem to find a reason to run a custom rom on my N5 since KitKat is beautiful (really the GEL and immersive mode) and incredibly smooth/fast and I can get just about any custom features I loved on CM/AOKP with XF and GB. Custom kernel is certainly a different story. Anyway, might want to check that out OP.

Also, I read it as the right bezel is slightly bigger when in landscape. If so, lots of phones that a slightly larger bottom bezel. If you mean when it's in portrait mode you have a defective device...
Lol that bezel question is funny lol

My battery last a day is this an issue or I have a faulty device should't it last half a day ,maybe I need to exchange it ...only kidding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2