They shipped me an accessory overnight that I ordered at 50% off using the code and only paid the $4 standard shipping on.

How are they going to stay in business with that kind of ridiculousness going on? I know Google is financing them, but come on, I didn't ask for overnight shipping of my 50% off accessory. There was no reason to do that.
    12-24-2013 07:48 PM
    Maybe the warehouse is a few miles from your house? At least be thankful that you got it that fast. And then when it's a day late, people start complaining about poor service.

A lot of people got their custom Moto X's way earlier than their original emails suggested, so it's possible the accessories run the same way.
    12-24-2013 07:57 PM
    Maybe the warehouse is a few miles from your house?
    No, I am several states away. They shipped it priority overnight shipping.

At least be thankful that you got it that fast. And then when it's a day late, people start complaining about poor service
    I am not complaining but I am concerned about the financial health of Motorola if they don't get control of their business practices. I would prefer that they stay in business as we cannot afford to have Samsung dominate the Android market any more.
    12-24-2013 08:17 PM
    That's interesting. I had attempted to order screen protectors that were about $8 after the 50% discount, but the shipping costs would have been about $11, so I passed. I live in California, not all that far from Texas. I would think screen protectors could fit in an envelope with no box necessary, but still the shipping was high. Go figure?!
    12-24-2013 08:25 PM
    They did the same for my case that I just ordered on Friday. Perhaps all of this is part of the $500 million that Google is providing to market the device.
    12-24-2013 08:25 PM
    That's interesting. I had attempted to order screen protectors that were about $8 after the 50% discount, but the shipping costs would have been about $11, so I passed. I live in California, not all that far from Texas. I would think screen protectors could fit in an envelope with no box necessary, but still the shipping was high. Go figure?!
    it was hard to tell on the site but you had the choice of standard shipping for $4 instead of 2 day for $11. I selected the $4 shipping, yet I got priority overnight shipping!
    ethertwist likes this.
    12-24-2013 08:27 PM
    Merry Christmas!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-24-2013 08:30 PM
    it was hard to tell on the site but you had the choice of standard shipping for $4 instead of 2 day for $11. I selected the $4 shipping, yet I got priority overnight shipping!
    Hmmm....

I guess I totally missed that. Oh, well. I should have paid closer attention!
    12-24-2013 08:34 PM
    They did the same for my case that I just ordered on Friday. Perhaps all of this is part of the $500 million that Google is providing to market the device.
    I think there are better uses of the money than priority overnight shipping an accessory that the purchaser didn't even ask to be shipped 2 day. Not complaining, just worried about the long term health of the company. I personally want more competitors in the Android phone manufacturer space, not less. We may be losing HTC here soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm....

I guess I totally missed that. Oh, well. I should have paid closer attention!
    Code is good until midnight EST tonight!
    12-24-2013 08:44 PM
    I think there are better uses of the money than priority overnight shipping an accessory that the purchaser didn't even ask to be shipped 2 day. Not complaining, just worried about the long term health of the company. I personally want more competitors in the Android phone manufacturer space, not less. We may be losing HTC here soon.
    And...? What are we supposed to do about it?
    12-24-2013 08:54 PM
    And...? What are we supposed to do about it?
    Nothing. Just making conversation. This is a chat board, no?
    12-24-2013 09:17 PM