Sometimes it's the little things

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Specs and performance and functionality aside, sometimes it's the little touches that can significantly color how you feel about your phone. I'm very happy with my new Moto X, but when I restarted it today I noticed the normal "spinning globe" Motorola animation was replaced with a charming little holiday-themed animation instead.

Nothing significant in the scheme of things, but it made me smile and helped further solidify the impression that my Moto X is "friendly". It gives a sense that's there's personality and warmth behind it, not just a functional gadget. It's the sort of thing that, along with the innovative features we're talking about everyday, has me thinking this may be my favorite cell phone ever.

Last edited:

4runner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought it says strange because I didn't notice an update or anything telling me that something was loaded to the phone. Do you think it was baked into it and has a component that tells it to switch on and off? Wonder what other holidays they have up their sleeves.

Posted via Android Central App

jcg5862

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
It was automatically pushed out a few weeks ago. Agreed that its a nice personal touch. Of course there were the usual grinches who got their panties in a wad because they weren't asked first. Glad you're enjoying your new X. Merry Christmas.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My guess is it came with an earlier update and was timed to activate on the holiday. Having little surprises like this or Windy Day is a great way to inject a small bit of delight in our daily routine. :)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Specs and performance and functionality aside, sometimes it's the little touches that can significantly color how you feel about your phone. I'm very happy with my new Moto X, but when I restarted it today I noticed the normal "spinning globe" Motorola animation was replaced with a charming little holiday-themed animation instead.

Nothing significant in the scheme of things, but it made me smile and helped further solidify the impression that my Moto X is "friendly". It gives a sense that's there's personality and warmth behind it, not just a functional gadget. It's the sort of thing that, along with the innovative features we're talking about everyday, has me thinking this may be my favorite cell phone ever.

totally agree!! i really wish people understand why Moto X is awesome... many people who criticize X have never used it...

throw the spec away and if you think about experience nothing can beat Moto X... ahhhhh well, iPhone comes second :)

tech addicted

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought it says strange because I didn't notice an update or anything telling me that something was loaded to the phone. Do you think it was baked into it and has a component that tells it to switch on and off? Wonder what other holidays they have up their sleeves.

Posted via Android Central App

I wish they wouls secretly fix the camera I mean make it better!

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This change first appeared on December 9, but you wouldn't notice it until you power cycled your device. It's been over 2 weeks since then. As with any great phone, power cycling is rarely necessary.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree, when I first saw that it was really cool, and the animated short was awesome and my son LOVED it. These little things really add to the feel of the device.

What's really cool is that I saw an interview where they were stating that kind of VR short could be the future of phone entertainment, imagine seeing a movie or show where you can look around the world as things are happening. Pretty cool stuff.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Having a nexus 4 now and supposedly getting my moto X today im looking forward to the stuff ive been reading about like migrate and device mgr.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae