Looking for an Aluminum (or any metal) Moto X Case

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone found a good quality aluminum or metal case or bumper case for the Moto X? Mine will be arriving soon, I ordered a case from Amazon, but I was really hoping to find a sleek aluminum case. I've seen quite a few for the iPhone (Yeah I know there are always tonnes of accessories for iDevices), but I haven't been able to find anything for the Moto X except for an Incipio case with a "metallic" finish.

I'm thinking about having an engineer friend, who works for a high end audio company, fabricate a custom case from aluminum, cost permitting, and only if I can't find a premade option.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
That is the case I found, looks nice but it is a "metallic" finish over some proprietary plastic. Would love to have something more industrial looking/feeling.

Posted via Android Central App

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Not that it helps in this situation, but a Motorola rep friend of mine says metal backs are on the way in the new year. I hope he is right...

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Not that it helps in this situation, but a Motorola rep friend of mine says metal backs are on the way in the new year. I hope he is right...

While the idea of a metal backed Moto X is appealing (as are the wood backs), I personally wouldn't pay the ~$100 premium that I'm assuming they will charge, since I always keep my phone in a case anyways. Thanks for info though! If I can get my hands on one for a good price I might have to snag one of the metal Moto X's when they are released.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Seriously I hope they actually launch with some premium materials next time instead of teasing everyone. I am so over the cool backs for this model year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
That hinge on the left side of the phone is just awful.

Ya it is. I used to use these things on my old Windows mobile phones back in the day but let's face it. Those old smart phones where hideous regardless of the case ;) These are pretty much the only people who ever made aluminum cases for any phone and the basic design had never changed. It is easy to get the phone in and out on the plus side. I don't really think there is a better way to make a real aluminum case. It's not flexible enough to do any of the radio around designs. The Incipio Shine looks to be about the happiest medium. It's on sale at Shop Android today for $21 bucks. Pretty good deal in my opinion.

StudDroid

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I just purchased the incipio case amazon for the same price of $21 plus a $5 promotion so it came out to only be $16! I will comment on it once I get it.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the Incipio Feather Shine in silver. Due to either the materials or the coating used to make it shine the case is very rigid. Putting the case on is easy but taking it off requires some effort. The backing is smooth which makes it very slippery (especially in cold weather). The silver color is darker than the pictures from Incipio's site but still has an aluminum look to it.

I also have the regular Incipio Feather and use it more in the cold weather due to the soft-touch finish.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I am tempted to go for the PDair case but it is quite ugly....if I order one I'll post pictures and let you all know if it is better in person.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma