Voice Commands in the Car

MihirParkar

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app/setting that makes voice actions simulate a phone call over bluetooth? The car will pause the audio music and switch to the bluetooth ?call? so the voice actions will work over the car?s mic/speaker.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your car or stereo. A lot of bluetooth car stereos have a dedicated button that will activate the voice prompt. Mine does.

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Tried this app today on a 2013 Hyundai elantra. My steering wheel button doesn't activate redial, I have to say redial. When said it would activate the voice search app and after saying a command would work for a second and then radio would continue playing music. While the app didn't work for me, it might work for someone else.

Posted via Android Central App

smellyskate

May 13, 2014
Visit site
As long as GPS is turned on, your Moto X will detect when you?re in a moving car and automatically default to your driving settings. You can tell it to ?Talk to me? so it reads text messages out loud or tells you who is calling. You can also set up a quick text reply to tell people you?re driving. You can take calls by saying ?Answer? or reject them by saying ?Ignore.? When the Moto X first detects that you are in a car you?ll also get the option to tell it you?re not driving, in case you?re a passenger.