01-10-2014 04:48 PM
83 1234
tools
    I am so happy, having replaced my galaxy nexus with the moto x. The galaxy nexus would get hung when I responded to 'group text messages', sometimes sending it days or weeks later.
    I love my moto x -- no complaints.
    I had that same problem repeatedly. Love my Moto X, too!
    12-30-2013 10:42 AM
    most Gnexus users would pick Moto X because it's the closest nexus experience phone on verizon
    There are still a lot of gnexus users out there waiting for the contract to end around Q1 2014
    12-30-2013 01:43 PM
    8 years is quite a long time to stick with one phone company. I have never been offered special deals by anyone on verizon. The best deals I have gotten have been online (no activation fees, $200 prepaid cards).
    I've been with Verizon (they took over Ameritech Cellular) since 1996. They've always gone the extra mile to keep my business. The AYCE talk/text thing made no sense, so I'm still on an old loyalty plan from 6 years ago w/ unlimited data.

So, I was more than happy to buy my Moto X off contract to keep things as they are and save $40/mo off their current family share plan.

Posted from my $150-off Moto X.
    jephanie and bigdaddytee like this.
    12-30-2013 02:03 PM
    Count me as a former GNex user. Got the Moto X for 150 off as well so I could keep my unlimited data. I've been with Verizon for over 11 years and don't get any kind of discount.
    12-30-2013 03:12 PM
    Former GNex user and now Moto X lover here. Lost unlimited but my average monthly use is around 500MB so whatever. 32GB motomaker here.
    12-30-2013 04:19 PM
    I went from a VZW Gnex to the Moto X and love the phone. Great battery life and great software. I kept my unlimited data through the upgrade "mistake".
    jephanie likes this.
    12-30-2013 05:19 PM
    *raises hand*

Couldn't get rid of my Galaxy Nexus fast enough. Bought a Moto X within 10 minutes of MotoMaker coming online for Big Red. Paid full-price off-contract. So worth it. So very, very worth it. Verizon can pry my unlimited data from my cold, dead hands.
    jephanie and bigdaddytee like this.
    12-30-2013 06:00 PM
    My brother (who lurks on here) is one of you guys. Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) to Dev Edition (Verizon). He was considering the G2 but the deal Motorola was offering (he needs to keep unlimited) were too good to pass up.
    12-30-2013 06:02 PM
    Verizon can pry my unlimited data from my cold, dead hands.
    Woohoo! Me, too!
    12-30-2013 06:07 PM
    Galaxy Nexus to Moto X, got the $150.00 off so I could keep my unlimited data. Bought two Moto X's one for me and one for my daughter.I was with Alltel when Verizon bought them out. Still have my Alltel plan. I get 15% off through my work.
    12-30-2013 06:52 PM
    Galaxy Nexus to Moto X, got the $150.00 off so I could keep my unlimited data. Bought two Moto X's one for me and one for my daughter.I was with Alltel when Verizon bought them out. Still have my Alltel plan. I get 15% off through my work.
    you probably have the cheapest unlimited data verizon plan on earth!
    12-30-2013 07:15 PM
    Me.
    I might be giving up my unlimited data and go on a month to month 60$ plan. $100 a month for an unlimited data plan I don't really use is, at this point, dumb. My Gnex was such a turd. I was so happy to get rid of it.

Edit: Did some research and it seems the pay as you go plans are only for 3g phones. No 4g phones on pay as you go. It makes good business sense on Verizon's part because as soon a people's contracts are up they'd be switching to pay as you go.....and as such could go.....to another carrier if they wanted a phone that wasn't available on Verizon.
    jephanie likes this.
    12-30-2013 08:03 PM
    Still have my Galaxy Nexus but am waiting for my Motorola X to come in the mail. I'm pretty excited.
    me too! Can't wait to see that beauty.
    12-30-2013 09:27 PM
    I went with the Droid Maxx. It is the Moto X + larger screen + wireless charging + huge battery.The X is nice, though. My GNex is collecting dust. I think I should sell it.
    12-31-2013 11:44 AM
    I made the swap as well and waited for Moto Maker. I almost grabbed a Maxx, which is a NICE device but I decided I wanted to give MotoMaker a whirl and I hypothesized that the MX would get updates faster since it's on every carrier. Being a Nexus guy that liked these features and knew that rooting and roming couldn't really come into play easily with this device, I let updates win out over wireless charging and the larger battery (I'm near a wall or a car charger most of the day). I'm satisfied with that choice.

For most people on Big Red, I'd tell them to grab the Maxx. That sucker is a really nice device! If it wasn't carrier exclusive, I believe it was be the best Android Device you could get.

I still have my GNex with CM10. I use it for media consumption in hotel stays and it works great for that with a big ole Hyperion hanging off the back. I will probably hold on to it for a backup phone. I really love the MX and I went ahead and set $200 aside if it every needs to go back to have any kind of work on it.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-31-2013 12:33 PM
    I went with the Droid Maxx. It is the Moto X + larger screen + wireless charging + huge battery.The X is nice, though. My GNex is collecting dust. I think I should pay someone to take it.
    Fixed.
    xweb10 likes this.
    12-31-2013 12:44 PM
    I went with the Droid Maxx. It is the Moto X + larger screen + wireless charging + huge battery.The X is nice, though.
    The Moto X just feels so nice in the hand and I got the Dev Ed so I can unlock the bootloader.
    12-31-2013 01:06 PM
    I made the swap as well and waited for Moto Maker. I almost grabbed a Maxx, which is a NICE device but I decided I wanted to give MotoMaker a whirl and I hypothesized that the MX would get updates faster since it's on every carrier. Being a Nexus guy that liked these features and knew that rooting and roming couldn't really come into play easily with this device, I let updates win out over wireless charging and the larger battery (I'm near a wall or a car charger most of the day). I'm satisfied with that choice.
    I feel a bit similar regarding the Maxx versus the X. I was very tempted by the Maxx, but I felt like the X would be Motorola 's true flagship and would be supported add such. Plus, the minute I held the X, I fell in love with it because of the way it felt in my hand. Oh, and I absolutely hate the capacitive buttons on the Maxx. They totally ruin what is otherwise a beautiful looking front of a phone.

Every single time someone holds my phone, they comment on how nice it feels, including my sister, who has a Maxx. That's just another thing that helps to confirm to me that I made the right choice between the two.
    jephanie and ultimate_ed like this.
    12-31-2013 01:14 PM
    I'm on this list.
    Used a dumb phone line to keep my unlimited, too.
    12-31-2013 01:19 PM
    Switched from AT&T to VZW two years ago, stupidly losing my unlimited data plan then just to get the GNex. My original GNex crapped out on me in September by shutting off randomly and not rebooting for two days while in Vegas. Replacement GNex was just to get me to December and get a new phone. Chose the Moto X because of the similar size to the GNex and the better battery life than the Nexus 5 from what I had read. Back to AT&T and only paying about half of what VZW was charging me.

Love the Moto X and can't believe I put up with the GNex for the last year with how slow it was with only 1gig of RAM. And the battery life of the Moto X blows it away. I couldn't take the GNex off the charger without losing 10% battery life it seemed.
    12-31-2013 03:22 PM
    +1
    I ditched my Nexus for the Moto X and couldn't be happier. Best phone I've owned by a fair margin.
    MHBlink8 and jephanie like this.
    12-31-2013 03:28 PM
    Actually I retired both my GNexus and S3 on Sept. 11.2013 .Thats the day I got the Moto X .
    Both my GNexus and S3 worked great I just wanted to try something else.I actually dont have any major complaints against any of the other android phones(Dinc,DX) I used either.
    I usually root my phones within a few days of purchase and I did with the Moto X as well.
    The only difference I did unroot it the same day I rooted it.
    12-31-2013 07:34 PM
    Both my GNexus and S3 worked great
    If your GNex worked great, you must live where there is a strong signal! Whenever I was in a strong signal area, my GNex was fantastic. But go somewhere with a weaker signal and I would drop calls and it couldn't hold onto a 4G LTE signal even when other phones could.

And the battery life was not great, either.
    12-31-2013 08:03 PM
    If your GNex worked great, you must live where there is a strong signal! Whenever I was in a strong signal area, my GNex was fantastic. But go somewhere with a weaker signal and I would drop calls and it couldn't hold onto a 4G LTE signal even when other phones could.

And the battery life was not great, either.
    At home I had a medium strenght signal 93-98 dBm .At work it was a weak signal 100-120 dBm.If I had a dropped called it was rare even at work.I cant remember if I ever had a dropped call or not forsure.
    My stock battery life lasted me around 16-18 hrs,with medium use.Anything over 12 hrs worked for me.
    12-31-2013 09:22 PM
    Former Verizon GNex owner here too. I love my Moto X. I'm so glad I don't have to do any crazy hacking to get the latest version of Android. Why can't all OEM be like this?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    jephanie and dsw1519 like this.
    12-31-2013 10:24 PM
83 1234