01-10-2014 04:48 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    Me! Minus the unlimited data

Posted via Android Central App
    01-03-2014 02:12 PM
    I could not get out of the GNex fast enough. Terrible battery (even with extended battery), terrible signal, terrible time texting grp texts. Loving the Moto X!
    jephanie likes this.
    01-04-2014 04:56 PM
    I loved my gnex the first year + but since 4.2 it went down hill fast. Bay life was horrible even with extended battery. Wild freeze up often, bruising Web was slow etc. Even after resets. I went with Moto X with work around to keep my unlimited and loving it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    bigdaddytee and jephanie like this.
    01-04-2014 11:23 PM
    Still loving my GNex though I sometimes have to use an external battery. My next phone will be the Moto X when my contract is up.
    01-06-2014 12:26 AM
    I'm in the band that jumped from the Gnex to the Moto X thanks to the CyberMond...Wednesday promotion. My Gnex rebooted on my at least once a day since getting 4.2 and I was rather jaded about the way Verizon and Google pretty much abandoned the Gnex - it was never really a Nexus device as promised. That's also why I went for the X rather than one of the Droids - I think Motorola will support the X better after the Verizon exclusive droids have been forgotten.

I don't use but a few gigs of data a month myself, but converting our three unlimited lines to a family share would raise my bill by at least $60/month - so, even paying the "full" $349 price, that $60/month I save by staying off of family share will pay for the difference over a subsidized phone in a few months. It's a no brainer for me.

And, there's something just right about the X - the form factor fits so comfortably in the hand, the screen is beautiful, and Motorolas enhancements to Android just work and are actually useful. With Samsung, their stuff feels like a bunch of gee-whiz stuff that I'd use once to show off. The Moto X feels like it has really done something to move smart phones forward.
    shaytoon21 and jephanie like this.
    01-09-2014 09:19 PM
    I don't use but a few gigs of data a month myself, but converting our three unlimited lines to a family share would raise my bill by at least $60/month - so, even paying the "full" $349 price, that $60/month I save by staying off of family share will pay for the difference over a subsidized phone in a few months. It's a no brainer for me.
    Check out the thread on the verizon forum about keeping unlimited data when you have a family plan.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...a-verizon.html
    Aquila likes this.
    01-09-2014 11:00 PM
    Check out the thread on the verizon forum about keeping unlimited data when you have a family plan.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...a-verizon.html
    I've seen it before - but all three of my lines are unlimited data smart phones and we're on a special data share plan that they only offered for a month or so - $30 data for the first line, $10 data for each of the other two. My bill each month is $160 with all taxes - there is no incentive for me to ever go on subsidy/contract again unless they just completely kick me off. For me, it's not about the unlimited data, its about the ridiculous cost of the Share Everything plans.
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    01-10-2014 03:52 PM
    I've seen it before - but all three of my lines are unlimited data smart phones and we're on a special data share plan that they only offered for a month or so - $30 data for the first line, $10 data for each of the other two. My bill each month is $160 with all taxes - there is no incentive for me to ever go on subsidy/contract again unless they just completely kick me off. For me, it's not about the unlimited data, its about the ridiculous cost of the Share Everything plans.
    OK but I don't think you understand the process in that thread if you think it wouldn't work for your situation. You get a subsidized smartphone when you add a new 2GB data line to your plan and then transfer upgrades to the added line 1 by 1 to preserve your UDPs on the other lines. Since you get 4 subsidized phones in total, you sell the fourth to recoup the cost of the added line. And then put a basic phone on the added line to drop the data plan.

My plan is a special limited time offer plan, too. I bought the basic phone off of ebay for under $20. The added line costs me $13/mo with taxes/surcharges/fees. Every 24 months I buy an iPhone with the added line's upgrade and net enough after selling it to pay for the added line for another 24 months. The added line is available for me to transfer the UDP's upgrades to use.
    01-10-2014 04:48 PM
83 ... 234