Roll Call for Verizon GNex Owners - How Many of Us Chose the Moto X?

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't use but a few gigs of data a month myself, but converting our three unlimited lines to a family share would raise my bill by at least $60/month - so, even paying the "full" $349 price, that $60/month I save by staying off of family share will pay for the difference over a subsidized phone in a few months. It's a no brainer for me.
Check out the thread on the verizon forum about keeping unlimited data when you have a family plan.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon/227608-instruction-how-keep-unlimited-data-verizon.html

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Check out the thread on the verizon forum about keeping unlimited data when you have a family plan.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon/227608-instruction-how-keep-unlimited-data-verizon.html

I've seen it before - but all three of my lines are unlimited data smart phones and we're on a special data share plan that they only offered for a month or so - $30 data for the first line, $10 data for each of the other two. My bill each month is $160 with all taxes - there is no incentive for me to ever go on subsidy/contract again unless they just completely kick me off. For me, it's not about the unlimited data, its about the ridiculous cost of the Share Everything plans.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I've seen it before - but all three of my lines are unlimited data smart phones and we're on a special data share plan that they only offered for a month or so - $30 data for the first line, $10 data for each of the other two. My bill each month is $160 with all taxes - there is no incentive for me to ever go on subsidy/contract again unless they just completely kick me off. For me, it's not about the unlimited data, its about the ridiculous cost of the Share Everything plans.
OK but I don't think you understand the process in that thread if you think it wouldn't work for your situation. You get a subsidized smartphone when you add a new 2GB data line to your plan and then transfer upgrades to the added line 1 by 1 to preserve your UDPs on the other lines. Since you get 4 subsidized phones in total, you sell the fourth to recoup the cost of the added line. And then put a basic phone on the added line to drop the data plan.

My plan is a special limited time offer plan, too. I bought the basic phone off of ebay for under $20. The added line costs me $13/mo with taxes/surcharges/fees. Every 24 months I buy an iPhone with the added line's upgrade and net enough after selling it to pay for the added line for another 24 months. The added line is available for me to transfer the UDP's upgrades to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair