I have a number in my address book twice.
    ICE & Mom, both have the same number. I'd like when my mother calls for it to bring up the mom listing but it instead brings up the ICE one because it's first alphabetically. With my old phone I got around this by having the ICE entry have a 1 in front of the area code (i discovered this when I fist put names in its address book, if I put a 1 in front it never matched them) and then it would find the one farther down the list but that doesn't appear to work with Android/Moto X. Any ideas how to make it find the 2nd entry?

Renaming ICE is not on option, to those who don't know this stand for "In Case of Emergency" and is a recommended practice for all. Paramedics will look for this entry if you are found unconscious to get name/medical information and inform who needs to be informed.
    12-30-2013 07:28 PM
    Have you tried adding an extra digit at the end of the ICE entry, or maybe a two second pause followed by an extra digit, as if dialing an extension?

Also, securing your phone with a password/pin is also recommended practice, but prevents access to any contact entries and using your phone to make a call. Maybe you could put your ICE contact information on the lock screen?
    12-30-2013 09:25 PM
    I have a number in my address book twice.
    ICE & Mom, both have the same number. I'd like when my mother calls for it to bring up the mom listing but it instead brings up the ICE one because it's first alphabetically. With my old phone I got around this by having the ICE entry have a 1 in front of the area code (i discovered this when I fist put names in its address book, if I put a 1 in front it never matched them) and then it would find the one farther down the list but that doesn't appear to work with Android/Moto X. Any ideas how to make it find the 2nd entry?

Renaming ICE is not on option, to those who don't know this stand for "In Case of Emergency" and is a recommended practice for all. Paramedics will look for this entry if you are found unconscious to get name/medical information and inform who needs to be informed.
    Actually, I was law enforcement for 15 years and never heard of "ICE". I would actually call "Mom" under the assumption that someone named "mom" is probably your mother. I would assume "ICE" is your crack dealer, or "Immigration and Customs Enforcement". I would however, do what you describe if I was trying to cheat on my wife (assuming of course she cared).
    12-30-2013 09:46 PM