Random Screen Zoom/ Blue Border

Phljjs

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I started having the issue about 3 days ago. I've also noticed that my key press responses seem to lag.

One second I'll be typing a text and the next, the screen zooms in/ letters get very large and the blue border appears. If I tilt the phone to go to/ from portrait or landscape view everything returns to normal. I noticed today that it happens when using the calculator too,

I haven't changed any settings aside from the GPS/ Location settings. I doubt that would cause this problem anyway. Everything has been great with the phone for the last 3 weeks until this problem started.

Screenshot_2013-12-30-23-59-04[1].png

Phljjs

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I found the problem....

Someone in another forum suggested "Is Settings -> Accessibility -> Magnification gestures enabled?"

That was turned on for some reason. Don't know how or why. After I turned it off, the problem went away.

Tony Rizzo

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Someone in another forum suggested "Is Settings -> Accessibility -> Magnification gestures enabled?"

That was turned on for some reason. Don't know how or why. After I turned it off, the problem went away.

Thanks I thought my phone was defective!

morebumbleplease

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
After endless searching on articles to fix this problem I came across this thread. Thank you got this post and solution, I am using an HTC one for the first time and the zoom border was driving me crazy

michaelmross

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but magnification gestures are very useful. So the real solution would be how to undo the blue rectangle and magnification - not prevent it in the first place....

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
im recently getting a similar small magnification box with blue border on my Galaxy Note 3 when trying to text select in moon reader, my browser and other pages ...incredible annoying since it adds further steps to text selection and study its not the whole screen like a triple tap but a small zoom box and yes turned Accessibility/Magnification gestures off and on repeatedly but no change:/ ..... only recently happened using 4.4.2

Vicky Ward

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Omg Thanks, even support couldn't help me... this answer did the trick!

Last edited by a moderator:

Holly Martin4

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
im recently getting a similar small magnification box with blue border on my Galaxy Note 3 when trying to text select in moon reader, my browser and other pages ...incredible annoying since it adds further steps to text selection and study its not the whole screen like a triple tap but a small zoom box and yes turned Accessibility/Magnification gestures off and on repeatedly but no change:/ ..... only recently happened using 4.4.2

I too had this while magnification was turned off, the problem was being caused by a copy to clipboard app. I uninstalled it, problem solved

Calicatch22

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the same annoying issue for months now making certain games and apps useless on my phone. I finally got around to getting to the bottom of this headache and your solution popped up! Cannot say thanks enough, it's very appreciated!

Pirate Wench Onya

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 3, and I too had been having this blue screen appear on my screen. And I would try so hard to get it to go away. Without luck, I wad beginning to feel so frustrated with this. It would usually happen when I was texting a message to someone. When I would use just my fingers to text I would be tapping the screen on my "installed Swift Keyboard" , so I wad thinking it was in the settings of my keyboard. Many times I've wasted, looking for this answer. I then decided that seems that my typing speed is so fast, I would just always use the pen that came with my phone, or I would use the speak to text. But then when I stated to use the pen and got quick at typing with that, the blue screen started to appear again... "ughhh, you have got to be kidding me!"
This morning, it happened again! But this time, I want typing on the keyboard. So that telling me, is not the keyboard. So I did this search, 😲 "why the hell does a blue Trace line appear on my cell phone and then zoom!" 😳
Bam! 😆 I got this forum! You have answered the Crazy mystery question is been having for months now.
Thank you 👴 #1 Phljjs👌 You have saved me so much time.....
✔Sincerely ©💤

ronnie jones1

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the info on the blue square so far it fixed it

Last edited by a moderator: