01-09-2014 01:12 AM
47 12
tools
    for $59 I was going to get a lumia 520 for that.
    Android and better battery life

Posted via Android Central App
    01-01-2014 01:29 AM
    Well I'm kind of conflicted in a few different ways. Right now I'm using a E4GLTE on Sprint. The phone works, but I have had problems with it. So I'm definitely leaning towards getting a new phone, but am also thinking about going tmo off contract. I'm probably over thinking all of this. I'm just not sure what I want to do especially after I paid for the early upgrade for this phone and being burned on it.
    I would definitely wait until after CES since it is next week, just in case. I doubt any major phone releases will be announced at CES (those have mostly shifted to either MWC or their own events), but you never know. The Moto X is a great phone and I wouldn't hesitate in purchasing it. I'd say the same thing about the HTC One (which was my previous phone).

All that said, if you are seriously considering the switch to T-Mobile, I think it is a great idea (so long as you live in a decent T-Mobile coverage area). Both T-Mobile and Sprint have tiny LTE networks, so odds are you'll be spending lots of time on 3G, and T-Mobile's is massivel faster.
    01-01-2014 08:07 AM
    Moto X is on sale today for $399 off contract. You could save your upgrade and buy that off contract.

Sent from my Moto X
    bbrammeier likes this.
    01-01-2014 09:27 AM
    Moto X is on sale today for $399 off contract. You could save your upgrade and buy that off contract.

Sent from my Moto X
    Or buy a GSM Unlocked one off contract and switch to T-Mobile.
    01-01-2014 10:08 AM
    I would take the opportunity to make myself eligible every day and just go and purchase a Nexus 5 off contract and use the phone wherever you want to.
    01-01-2014 10:59 PM
    Well I'm kind of conflicted in a few different ways. Right now I'm using a E4GLTE on Sprint. The phone works, but I have had problems with it. So I'm definitely leaning towards getting a new phone, but am also thinking about going tmo off contract. I'm probably over thinking all of this. I'm just not sure what I want to do especially after I paid for the early upgrade for this phone and being burned on it.
    I just from a E4GLTE on Sprint a couple of days ago and the Moto radio is CRAZY better. Granted, since travel has been a little rough here in the Midwest the past few days I've not been out too much but I've yet to not latch onto solid 4G wherever I've been.

I simple got tired of the EVO hassles. There will always be a faster/slicker/sexier phone six months from whenever you decide you need a new one. At some point we need to come to terms it's a tool that we're paying for and it really should work for, not against our needs. That said, I'm very happy pulling the trigger on the Moto
    bbrammeier likes this.
    01-04-2014 08:51 PM
    I just from a E4GLTE on Sprint a couple of days ago and the Moto radio is CRAZY better. Granted, since travel has been a little rough here in the Midwest the past few days I've not been out too much but I've yet to not latch onto solid 4G wherever I've been.

I simple got tired of the EVO hassles. There will always be a faster/slicker/sexier phone six months from whenever you decide you need a new one. At some point we need to come to terms it's a tool that we're paying for and it really should work for, not against our needs. That said, I'm very happy pulling the trigger on the Moto
    Thanks for all the replies. I pulled the trigger on a Moto X. I'm sure I'll end up loving it.
    karmamule likes this.
    01-04-2014 11:09 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. I pulled the trigger on a Moto X. I'm sure I'll end up loving it.
    Good luck. It really is a fantastic phone.
    01-04-2014 11:13 PM
    I got my moto x today. The phone is awesome and is everything I hoped it would be and more. I'm just getting started with it.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-06-2014 09:27 PM
    You customize it? I'm waiting for mine. They said that I should get it by Saturday, but with the weather I'll probably end up waiting longer.
    01-07-2014 02:03 AM
    I ordered mine on 1/4 and the email said it would arrive around 1/11 (a week later). I got the tracking number last night and it's scheduled to be delivered today (from TX to MD). They're working fast.
    01-07-2014 07:55 AM
    I ordered mine on 1/4 and the email said it would arrive around 1/11 (a week later). I got the tracking number last night and it's scheduled to be delivered today (from TX to MD). They're working fast.
    That's awesome. I Also ordered on the 4th but no tracking number yet.. Already seems like I've waited a month for it.
    01-07-2014 09:54 AM
    You customize it? I'm waiting for mine. They said that I should get it by Saturday, but with the weather I'll probably end up waiting longer.
    I ordered the black phone with the black woven back with silver accents on 1/1/14 and received it yesterday. When I ordered it they said the estimated delivery date was 1/6 (yesterday). I received emails confirming the order on 1/1, then another on 1/2 saying they were assembling it. I didn't receive any other emails, so I called customer service to confirm it was shipped and got the tracking number that way.
    01-07-2014 10:15 AM
    I ordered the black phone with the black woven back with silver accents on 1/1/14 and received it yesterday. When I ordered it they said the estimated delivery date was 1/6 (yesterday). I received emails confirming the order on 1/1, then another on 1/2 saying they were assembling it. I didn't receive any other emails, so I called customer service to confirm it was shipped and got the tracking number that way.
    I guess it sometimes comes under "you pays your quarter,you takes your chances". I ordered the same color scheme as you, on the same day, was told the same estimated date, got the confirming emails the same day and had mine in hand less than 48 hours after placing the order. Go figure.
    In any case, it does appear Motorola is making good on their goal set when the product was introduced to have a customized phone delivered to their customers in about a week after ordering. Pretty remarkable if you ask me.
    01-07-2014 11:31 AM
    In any case, it does appear Motorola is making good on their goal set when the product was introduced to have a customized phone delivered to their customers in about a week after ordering. Pretty remarkable if you ask me.
    Agreed. I can tell by the fed ex tracking that my phone was shipped on Friday 1/3, and I received it Monday 1/6. I was more than happy with that, and I LOVE the phone. What a great choice!

EDIT: I see on the box my phone was shipped on Thursday 1/2 for next day delivery. Due to the snow storm that hit my area (PA) I didn't get it until Monday.
    01-07-2014 11:56 AM
    Agreed. I can tell by the fed ex tracking that my phone was shipped on Friday 1/3, and I received it Monday 1/6. I was more than happy with that, and I LOVE the phone. What a great choice!

EDIT: I see on the box my phone was shipped on Thursday 1/2 for next day delivery. Due to the snow storm that hit my area (PA) I didn't get it until Monday.
    I received my e-mail last night and got the phone today. Great phone. It feels great in my hand. One thing that I found interesting is that my phone isn't carrier branded. Do they all come like that?
    01-08-2014 10:04 PM
    I received my e-mail last night and got the phone today. Great phone. It feels great in my hand. One thing that I found interesting is that my phone isn't carrier branded. Do they all come like that?
    The TMobile is not carrier branded.
    01-08-2014 11:05 PM
    The T-mobile versions have no carrier branding or carrier software.
    01-08-2014 11:18 PM
    The T-mobile versions have no carrier branding or carrier software.
    I guess I forgot to mention that I'm with sprint.
    01-08-2014 11:26 PM
    I guess I forgot to mention that I'm with sprint.
    that is interesting that sprint is not carrier branded. I'm on verizon and ours have the ugly verizon branding on the back and it flashes verizon after the boot up on the screen.
    01-08-2014 11:39 PM
    that is interesting that sprint is not carrier branded. I'm on verizon and ours have the ugly verizon branding on the back and it flashes verizon after the boot up on the screen.
    Only thing I got on the phone was a bit of sprint bloatware.
    01-09-2014 01:10 AM
    Only thing I got on the phone was a bit of sprint bloatware.
    with verizon, we get all of the usual verizon crap bloatware
    dsw1519 likes this.
    01-09-2014 01:12 AM
47 12