Eligible for upgrade tomorrow...

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Those Motorola radios :D

Posted via Android Central App

I agree with the better radios on Moto's. I have the Note 3 on TMO, added the unlocked Moto X to my TMO arsenal and did notice better signal on the Moto X. Love my Note 3, but it's fun to rock a smaller, but worthy swapper when needed.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the better radios on Moto's. I have the Note 3 on TMO, added the unlocked Moto X to my TMO arsenal and did notice better signal on the Moto X. Love my Note 3, but it's fun to rock a smaller, but worthy swapper when needed.

Agreed. I really wanted to get a Moto X, but I'd have to pay off my S4, then sell it and buy the new phone. I think I'm going for the VZW Moto G for $99 off-contract :eek:
Hopefully it scratches the itch :p

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's a prepaid phone, though. You can't use it on a postpaid line without having it active continuously for 6 months on a prepaid line.

Using it as WiFi only, my S4 is still going to be my daily driver :)

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm kind of conflicted in a few different ways. Right now I'm using a E4GLTE on Sprint. The phone works, but I have had problems with it. So I'm definitely leaning towards getting a new phone, but am also thinking about going tmo off contract. I'm probably over thinking all of this. I'm just not sure what I want to do especially after I paid for the early upgrade for this phone and being burned on it.

I would definitely wait until after CES since it is next week, just in case. I doubt any major phone releases will be announced at CES (those have mostly shifted to either MWC or their own events), but you never know. The Moto X is a great phone and I wouldn't hesitate in purchasing it. I'd say the same thing about the HTC One (which was my previous phone).

All that said, if you are seriously considering the switch to T-Mobile, I think it is a great idea (so long as you live in a decent T-Mobile coverage area). Both T-Mobile and Sprint have tiny LTE networks, so odds are you'll be spending lots of time on 3G, and T-Mobile's is massivel faster.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Moto X is on sale today for $399 off contract. You could save your upgrade and buy that off contract.

Sent from my Moto X

wcowings

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I would take the opportunity to make myself eligible every day and just go and purchase a Nexus 5 off contract and use the phone wherever you want to.

Take57

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm kind of conflicted in a few different ways. Right now I'm using a E4GLTE on Sprint. The phone works, but I have had problems with it. So I'm definitely leaning towards getting a new phone, but am also thinking about going tmo off contract. I'm probably over thinking all of this. I'm just not sure what I want to do especially after I paid for the early upgrade for this phone and being burned on it.
I just from a E4GLTE on Sprint a couple of days ago and the Moto radio is CRAZY better. Granted, since travel has been a little rough here in the Midwest the past few days I've not been out too much but I've yet to not latch onto solid 4G wherever I've been.

I simple got tired of the EVO hassles. There will always be a faster/slicker/sexier phone six months from whenever you decide you need a new one. At some point we need to come to terms it's a tool that we're paying for and it really should work for, not against our needs. That said, I'm very happy pulling the trigger on the Moto

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I just from a E4GLTE on Sprint a couple of days ago and the Moto radio is CRAZY better. Granted, since travel has been a little rough here in the Midwest the past few days I've not been out too much but I've yet to not latch onto solid 4G wherever I've been.

I simple got tired of the EVO hassles. There will always be a faster/slicker/sexier phone six months from whenever you decide you need a new one. At some point we need to come to terms it's a tool that we're paying for and it really should work for, not against our needs. That said, I'm very happy pulling the trigger on the Moto

Thanks for all the replies. I pulled the trigger on a Moto X. I'm sure I'll end up loving it.

dsw1519

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I got my moto x today. The phone is awesome and is everything I hoped it would be and more. I'm just getting started with it.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
You customize it? I'm waiting for mine. They said that I should get it by Saturday, but with the weather I'll probably end up waiting longer.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine on 1/4 and the email said it would arrive around 1/11 (a week later). I got the tracking number last night and it's scheduled to be delivered today (from TX to MD). They're working fast.

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on 1/4 and the email said it would arrive around 1/11 (a week later). I got the tracking number last night and it's scheduled to be delivered today (from TX to MD). They're working fast.
That's awesome. I Also ordered on the 4th but no tracking number yet.. Already seems like I've waited a month for it.

dsw1519

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
You customize it? I'm waiting for mine. They said that I should get it by Saturday, but with the weather I'll probably end up waiting longer.

I ordered the black phone with the black woven back with silver accents on 1/1/14 and received it yesterday. When I ordered it they said the estimated delivery date was 1/6 (yesterday). I received emails confirming the order on 1/1, then another on 1/2 saying they were assembling it. I didn't receive any other emails, so I called customer service to confirm it was shipped and got the tracking number that way.

Take57

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the black phone with the black woven back with silver accents on 1/1/14 and received it yesterday. When I ordered it they said the estimated delivery date was 1/6 (yesterday). I received emails confirming the order on 1/1, then another on 1/2 saying they were assembling it. I didn't receive any other emails, so I called customer service to confirm it was shipped and got the tracking number that way.
I guess it sometimes comes under "you pays your quarter,you takes your chances". I ordered the same color scheme as you, on the same day, was told the same estimated date, got the confirming emails the same day and had mine in hand less than 48 hours after placing the order. Go figure.
In any case, it does appear Motorola is making good on their goal set when the product was introduced to have a customized phone delivered to their customers in about a week after ordering. Pretty remarkable if you ask me.

dsw1519

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
In any case, it does appear Motorola is making good on their goal set when the product was introduced to have a customized phone delivered to their customers in about a week after ordering. Pretty remarkable if you ask me.

Agreed. I can tell by the fed ex tracking that my phone was shipped on Friday 1/3, and I received it Monday 1/6. I was more than happy with that, and I LOVE the phone. What a great choice!

EDIT: I see on the box my phone was shipped on Thursday 1/2 for next day delivery. Due to the snow storm that hit my area (PA) I didn't get it until Monday.

Last edited: