01-28-2014 12:25 PM
64 123
tools
    Maybe it'll fix itself in the New Year.

Optimizing my Moto X
    01-01-2014 02:48 AM
    Count me as another that has experienced the Assist battery drain this past day. I disabled all the settings, but I'm kind of bummed because I really enjoy using the Sleep feature. Hope this gets resolved soon.
    01-01-2014 03:41 AM
    In addition to have Assist eating my battery I also am having Sleeping Mode not working for me. I of course have it set to turn on during a certain period of time and it is a no go. I do have the option checked to show the Sleeping Mode notification and that is no where to be seen. Anyone else with this issue?

Motorola Assist Battery Drain-screenshot_2014-01-01-06-44-48.pngMotorola Assist Battery Drain-screenshot_2014-01-01-06-45-02.png
    01-01-2014 08:51 AM
    Same here, it stopped working completely--tried everything.
    01-01-2014 08:57 AM
    Definitely sounds like a software issue. The strange thing is that Motorola Assist has not been updated since December 19th. It's odd that it happened now. I have had none of these problems and I do use Assist and Sleep everyday.

Too many people here having the issue for it not to be real though. Everyone should definitely report it to motorola support though. I would try contacting through twitter. I have heard that the response is pretty good.

Sent from my Moto X
    01-01-2014 09:35 AM
    Just read G+ on this issue and Motorola Mobility engineers admitted to a new years eve bug for Assist.

The workaround they say is to disable assist for new year's eve (it will be fine in the sleep period on Jan 1 and onward) - so it will clear itself.
    Thus a new year's eve problem only - which is why people are seeing it only yesterday.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-01-2014 09:47 AM
    Just read G+ on this issue and Motorola Mobility engineers admitted to a new years eve bug for Assist.

The workaround they say is to disable assist for new year's eve (it will be fine in the sleep period on Jan 1 and onward) - so it will clear itself.
    Thus a new year's eve problem only - which is why people are seeing it only yesterday.
    Can you share where on Google Plus you read this?
    01-01-2014 10:04 AM
    how do you report it?
    Two finger swipe from top to bottom. Tap the battery icon. Tap Motorola Assist. Tap Report on the upper right.

Mine has not acted up since I force stopped it (it will start itself again after a minute or two). I really think there's something on Motorola's end that was/is causing it to hang.

Oh, and Jenny McCarthy is 41.

Edit: I skipped over the part where Moto Engineers admitted the problem. Going back to bed. IIIII'm dumb.

Posted via Android Central App
    jephanie likes this.
    01-01-2014 10:44 AM
    Ok, mine does not want to sleep anymore and I believe the wake up time changed on its own. However it is not draining my battery. Assist was at 3% at 1d8h. Batt at 34%. Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-01-2014 10:50 AM
    Found this. http://motoxhub.com/moto-x-how-to-gu...torola-assist/
    To get the fresh settings for Motorola Assist, you can get to SettingsApps (aka Application manager)-Motorola Assist to clear data and clear the cache. However, for Moto X, you need do this for 4 apps:

Motorola Assist
    Motorola Assist Engine
    Motorola Assist Framework
    Motorola Assist Talk To Me
    After resetting, your Motorola Assist should work if your settings are correct.

I however only see first and third items of the four. Also wife's M.X should be sleeping and it is not. Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-01-2014 11:05 AM
    If you go to the time setting and set the date for January 2nd you will see that assist starts working again. When I set it back to today's date it's a no go, so Io bet after tommorrow it will be fine.
    01-01-2014 11:20 AM
    In addition to have Assist eating my battery I also am having Sleeping Mode not working for me. I of course have it set to turn on during a certain period of time and it is a no go. I do have the option checked to show the Sleeping Mode notification and that is no where to be seen. Anyone else with this issue?
    I had the same issue last night. So far this morning battery is normal. Hopefully tonight the sleep mode kicks on and silences the ringer.
    01-01-2014 11:21 AM
    Can you share where on Google Plus you read this?
    Lots of people had this but after Jan 1st all should be well...
    Kirk Stromberg shared this :

https://plus.google.com/communities/...2-202b493f4afc
    weksa and jephanie like this.
    01-01-2014 11:23 AM
    Seems to be fixed now.

Optimizing my Moto X
    01-01-2014 01:55 PM
    Seems to be fixed now.

Optimizing my Moto X
    Same here. Enabled the app and downloaded the updated. Issue seems to be gone.
    01-01-2014 02:59 PM
    Where are y'all getting the update from? I don't see an update on the play store.
    01-01-2014 03:27 PM
    Where are y'all getting the update from? I don't see an update on the play store.
    you may have already installed it if you have automatic updates set.
    01-01-2014 03:31 PM
    I don't have updates set to auto.
    01-01-2014 03:35 PM
    It's probably rolling out in stages (most updates do).

01-01-2014 03:36 PM
    Seem to have solved this problem. After I disabled the Motorola Assist, it disappeared from my Apps page. I then noticed that the Battery Saver was not staying on. Not sure if this was happening before and was a part of the battery drain connected with Motorola Assist, or if the phone was now "misbehaving" as they had warned because I disabled a preinstalled app. But anyway, when I would turn on the Battery Saver it was turning right back off. So I reset the App settings to default and turned Motorola Assist back on with all the options. I then went into Google Play and adjusted settings to make sure apps do not update automatically - The Motorola Assist app had updated and I suspected that update was maybe causing the problem. So now I have not charged the phone at all since last evening, and it is still at over 80% battery left, even though Location is turned on and I am using a live wallpaper screensaver.
    01-01-2014 05:25 PM
    Seem to have solved this problem. After I disabled the Motorola Assist, it disappeared from my Apps page. I then noticed that the Battery Saver was not staying on. Not sure if this was happening before and was a part of the battery drain connected with Motorola Assist, or if the phone was now "misbehaving" as they had warned because I disabled a preinstalled app. But anyway, when I would turn on the Battery Saver it was turning right back off. So I reset the App settings to default and turned Motorola Assist back on with all the options. I then went into Google Play and adjusted settings to make sure apps do not update automatically - The Motorola Assist app had updated and I suspected that update was maybe causing the problem. So now I have not charged the phone at all since last evening, and it is still at over 80% battery left, even though Location is turned on and I am using a live wallpaper screensaver.
    Same here... The assist has always been buggy when I get missed calls it kept the CPU always on. It was doing this 1 week and a half ago. The touchless controls also seems faulty when you ask it to call someone while in drive mode.

01-01-2014 05:45 PM
    I suspected that update was maybe causing the problem. So now I have not charged the phone at all since last evening, and it is still at over 80% battery left, even though Location is turned on and I am using a live wallpaper screensaver.
    The problem was a New Year's Eve bug and it resolved itself today. However, the update they pushed is supposed to prevent it from happening again in the future.

So, it was not the update that caused the problem and in fact, you should download the update they are pushing.
    01-01-2014 05:53 PM
    I can't even find Motorola Assist in the Play Store. I search and it doesn't come up...

Optimizing my Moto X
    01-01-2014 05:59 PM
    This update a few people mention, is that the Dec 19th update or a newer one?
    weksa likes this.
    01-01-2014 06:23 PM
    This update a few people mention, is that the Dec 19th update or a newer one?
    I think they mean the Dec 19 update. I disabled Assist, which uninstalled that update. Rebooted, reinstalled the Dec 19 update, and Assist is working fine now. Battery is back to normal, currently in meeting mode, and I had messed around with the sleep times earlier to make sure it would go into sleeping mode. All good.
    01-01-2014 07:25 PM
64 123