Motorola Assist Battery Drain

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Has there been a connection between battery drain and Motorola Assist? I've dropped 30% in battery after 4 hours. That's after a couple texts and a 10 minute call. Battery usage shows Assist using 39% of the battery. It's basically been sitting idle on my desk so far today. I have all there options enabled (Driving, Meeting and Sleeping).

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem this morning. I only ever had the sleep option activated but it sucked 57 percent of my batty in 2 hours.

Optimizing my Moto X

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen it happen.

But if I were having problems, I'd first uninstall the recent change, reinstall it, and maybe clear the app's cache and settings before going draconian and disabling a very useful service. :)

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen it happen.

But if I were having problems, I'd first uninstall the recent change, reinstall it, and maybe clear the app's cache and settings before going draconian and disabling a very useful service. :)

Gonna give that a try. Will report back.

Optimizing my Moto X

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This is weird. It happened to me this morning, too. Has never showed up on my battery usage before but today I dropped 7% in the first hour off the charger with Assist being the biggest user and only 4 minutes screen on time. I only had it set for being silent at night when I'm sleeping. I had turned off the Driving and Meeting assist. I turned it completely off after this morning, maybe I'll turn it back on in a couple days and see if it does it again.

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted my phone did a cache wipe and it's still eating the most battery. Gonna shut it down for a few days and try it again maybe on the weekend

Optimizing my Moto X

Steve-x

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Assist seems to have blown up for everyone last night. It killed off the battery on both of my Moto X's. The Moto X's are running different firmware but it got both of them. A reboot does not fix it, it must be stopped.

bthornton84

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Ditto here. Took the phone off of the charger this morning at 8am and was down to 10% at 6pm. I usually make it through the day with ease. Motorola Assist was at the top on the Battery settings page having been responsible for 46% of the drain.

Wonder if it's a bug related to date? Especially since it's hitting on NYE and there haven't been any updates for a few days, AFAIK.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You guys use Moto Connect too? I've wondered if it can be a battery drain linking to your computer like that.

Posted via Android Central App

andino

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I also had Assist drain a bunch of battery today. I went down to 56% in 4 hours of mostly idling and a short phone call.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have all three assist selections active and no change in battery life. On VZW.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1388548085803.jpg
    1388548085803.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 63

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Same Assist drain here - somehow it was keeping my X Awake nearly full time.

I cleared Data and Cache only, the re-set Driving and Sleeping modes and it seems to have settled down, but will want a day or two to see if it's fixed.

qwert3y

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem too, Assist was second after screen and I haven't used it at all today. I disabled for now, but I hope someone can get to the bottom of this.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
You guys use Moto Connect too? I've wondered if it can be a battery drain linking to your computer like that.

I use Connect but not sure it's related. I'll do some testing though.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Assist starting draining the heck our of my Droid Maxx today. I disabled the Driving option but it still is draining.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Same thing literally just happened to me after using it to navigate home. I noticed it after asking how old Jenny McCarthy is. I reported the problem. It must be on Motorola's side. I'm sure they collect everything to improve the service.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well ... I'm dying to know. How old is Jenny? I'm afraid to ask my phone for fear that it might drain the battery even more.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital