01-04-2014 04:48 PM
59 123
tools
    Android OEMs have been in a (hardware) spec race since the beginning.

With the Moto X, Motorola has essentially gone against the status quo.

You don't need the highest of the high-end of specs to have a great Android experience. That way of thinking hasn't caught on with the average Android fan.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-03-2014 09:29 PM
    I agree

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-03-2014 09:38 PM
    Had nexuss4g

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-03-2014 09:38 PM
    Yep someone had to! Except I'm not looking to start any arguments though
    I just curious to hear some opinions. I can understand the Moto X performing "as good" as the other high spec phones out there, or close to it, but better? What do you think?
    LG G2
    I just got a Nexus 7 (2013) and the Moto X is noticeably smoother. Not saying the Nexus 7 has lag, (I don't think any flagship device has any real discernable amount of lag), but its not as smooth in some areas as the X.
    01-03-2014 10:26 PM
    Some people can't seem to separate their value as a human being from the value of their toys, be they phones, computers, cameras, motorcycles, etc......

I don't know why people identify so closely with an object or a brand, but some people just do. I suspect there are self-esteem issues involved.
    This was my FAVORITE post in this thread! Reading it, and looking at the giant Ferrari logo was priceless!
    dsw1519 likes this.
    01-04-2014 06:47 AM
    Android OEMs have been in a (hardware) spec race since the beginning.

With the Moto X, Motorola has essentially gone against the status quo.

You don't need the highest of the high-end of specs to have a great Android experience. That way of thinking hasn't caught on with the average Android fan.

Posted via Android Central App
    Wait...you're a mod, now? God save us all, lol. /sarcasm
    Ry likes this.
    01-04-2014 08:35 AM
    I have owned just about every phone there is or was and I can honestly say that the moto x is one of the best if not the best. My wife did not like it and went back to her iPhone 5 but did admit it was undoubtedly faster at everything she asked it to do and said if she liked android this would be her phone lol so it's all about personal choice....
    01-04-2014 09:34 AM
    This was my FAVORITE post in this thread! Reading it, and looking at the giant Ferrari logo was priceless!
    Just so you know, I don't really own one.
    01-04-2014 11:27 AM
    It's getting to the point where I need to avoid all comments on any article concerning this phone.
    Why is there such a huge core of people who don't simply love their own phone, but instead have to seek out any chance to get in and say that a price drop is too late, specs aren't what they want to see on paper, it's not the world's best camera, etc.

If you are one of these people, feel free to chime in. Let us all know how many phones you are currently haunting the forums and articles of. Tell us why this phone, seemingly above all others, is deserving of all the attention.
    This really has nothing to do with people on forums, etc., but I work in a major medical center with a bunch of doctors who ALL have iPhones. I swear, every single one of them has gone Apple in the last year or so, even the ones who professed to like Android. What's really interesting to me is how many of them are fascinated with my X. They always want to look at it, see the display, etc., and they always tell me they love the size of it and the way it feels in their hands. Doctors want phones that fit in their pockets, and something like an S4 doesn't fit, which was one of their major reasons for the great migration to the smaller iPhones. Once they see how fast the X is and what great reception I get, even in the elevator, not to mention hearing me rave about the battery life on this phone - it won't surprise me to see some of these guys with an X in their hands the next time they upgrade.
    Golfdriver97 and MERCDROID like this.
    01-04-2014 04:48 PM
59 123