I really loved my moto x but I had to exchange it because the camera failed. Initially Motorola seemed like their customer service and tech support people were on top of it. After going through the troubleshooting steps over the phone they said they would exchange the phone for a new one. I choose the expedited return feature but I needed to ship the phone to a different address as I was home for Christmas. I was told the only way to do this was to have a sales person do this and that someone would call me in 24 hours. However that call never came so I had to call customer service again and explain my problem to get transferred to the right department it was only then that I was told that the phone could not actually be shipped to a new address. Fine I said I will do the standard exchange so the phone will get to my place right when i get back. So I Fedex'd the phone to motorola and a few days later I received a new moto maker code. However, when I went to make the new phone the site wanted to charge me again for the phone. After another call to motorola I was told that the code had been processed improperly and that someone would call me in 24 hours. This however did not happen. Have other people had this issue of Motorola not calling them back and their customer service people not giving the correct information or have I had the return process from hell?
    01-02-2014 01:04 PM
    My phone has been awesome. But getting my skip dots and case ( that I ordered at the same time, but were not included with my shipment) has been hell.

So it's not just you...

Posted via Android Central App
    01-02-2014 02:34 PM
    Motorola has had my phone since December 20. I called today and they said their system shows they received the phone on Dec 26, I told the guy BS. I gave him the FedEx tracking number and there is no BSing a FedEx number that says received Dec 20. They promised me the phone back today Jan 2. I didn't get the phone and they said they will do a tracer with the repair department and have an answer for me by Tuesday Jan 7. I told they this was totally unacceptable but WTF am I going to do but sit and wait and play with my clam shell phone while my repair job takes probably 3 weeks. Worst customer service ever.

OPUD - Over Promise Under Deliver
    01-02-2014 07:18 PM
    Sometimes it helps to bring up these problems on the Moto X Community on Google + at https://plus.google.com/communities/...78872973348174. Often the issue may be referred to a particular person at Motorola Mobility for follow-up.
    Punit hangs there sometimes.
    01-02-2014 07:33 PM
    Yeah I called them again today and was told that they wanted to put a 500 dollar hold on my card because the switch from express to standard replacement had not been executed correctly. I told them that since they already had my phone that would be unacceptable and was told I would receive a call back in 24-48 hours so still no where.
    01-02-2014 08:28 PM
    Leave a message on the Motorola Support forum. Matt Jones with help from volunteers runs it. Then he will be able to pass along any information.

01-02-2014 10:37 PM
    Yeah I called them again today and was told that they wanted to put a 500 dollar hold on my card because the switch from express to standard replacement had not been executed correctly. I told them that since they already had my phone that would be unacceptable and was told I would receive a call back in 24-48 hours so still no where.
    Take this issue to G+ and tag Matt Jones as well as Punit Soni

01-02-2014 10:44 PM
    Motorola CS is a joke - it's amongst the worst CS departments that I've ever dealt with. I've dealt with them (a lot) during the purchase of my phone - it always seems like they want to get off the phone and "call you back" later. Naturally, those calls are never returned nor does the resolution move forward at anything but a slow pace.

BTW, it's great that we have Matt Jones & Punit Soni to assist, but contacting them to speed things along seems to be norm rather than an exception. This should not be the case!!! I've never had such a terrible experience from the other companies (Apple/Samsung/Sony).
    01-03-2014 11:07 AM
    I really loved my moto x but I had to exchange it because the camera failed. Initially Motorola seemed like their customer service and tech support people were on top of it. After going through the troubleshooting steps over the phone they said they would exchange the phone for a new one. I choose the expedited return feature but I needed to ship the phone to a different address as I was home for Christmas. I was told the only way to do this was to have a sales person do this and that someone would call me in 24 hours. However that call never came so I had to call customer service again and explain my problem to get transferred to the right department it was only then that I was told that the phone could not actually be shipped to a new address. Fine I said I will do the standard exchange so the phone will get to my place right when i get back. So I Fedex'd the phone to motorola and a few days later I received a new moto maker code. However, when I went to make the new phone the site wanted to charge me again for the phone. After another call to motorola I was told that the code had been processed improperly and that someone would call me in 24 hours. This however did not happen. Have other people had this issue of Motorola not calling them back and their customer service people not giving the correct information or have I had the return process from hell?
    I had at least 3 promised calls that never happened. lol.
    01-03-2014 11:57 AM