New startup animation, please!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I reboot mine every night. Is that bad for the phone?

Posted via Android Central App

Absolutely not. It never hurts to reboot. It's just not as necessary as it once was but tend to reboot most nights as well. I think it's a habit more than anything. Certainly not out of necessity.

Sent from my Moto X

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I generally reboot after installing apps or updates. Probably not necessary, but I have on occasion ran across an app that needed a reboot to run properly.

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I reboot every few days. I agree that it is no longer as necessary as it once was, but it does help some programs/apps to have an occasional reboot.

Then, of course, there is the need to see the new reboot animation....

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I really don't understand people's reluctance to update. You're missing out on awesome stuff like touchless control updates and immersive mode.

I'm also missing out on all white icons. I rather like the blue. And I like being able to see at a glance what is connected and what is not. I also have heard a few horror stories from people that updated. Also, I like to get a feel for a phone...how long the battery last, what works and what is buggy, how smooth everything is, etc. If I updated right away I would have no basis to compare to. It would be different if I got the phone in Sept. but I didn't. Still need more time with it as is before updating. And finally, since I have only had the phone since Christmas, I wanted to make sure all my apps have no compatibility issues first. So for all of those reasons, I have held off....for now. But just for now. I'll update at some point no doubt.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm also missing out on all white icons. I rather like the blue. And I like being able to see at a glance what is connected and what is not. I also have heard a few horror stories from people that updated. Also, I like to get a feel for a phone...how long the battery last, what works and what is buggy, how smooth everything is, etc. If I updated right away I would have no basis to compare to. It would be different if I got the phone in Sept. but I didn't. Still need more time with it as is before updating. And finally, since I have only had the phone since Christmas, I wanted to make sure all my apps have no compatibility issues first. So for all of those reasons, I have held off....for now. But just for now. I'll update at some point no doubt.

After having kitkat on my phone and tablet for a few months, I hadn't realized how used to the white I had gotten. It looks so clean and nice, now when I see screenshots of jb, it looks so jarring

-Nexus 10-

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My Moto X still has the winter/holiday boot animation. Rebooted 3 times last night, doesn't seem to go away.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
After having kitkat on my phone and tablet for a few months, I hadn't realized how used to the white I had gotten. It looks so clean and nice, now when I see screenshots of jb, it looks so jarring

-Nexus 10-

I have vision problems. So for me it's helpful. All white will be problematic for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007