Charging Port

meguy67

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I find the Moto X charging port to be difficult to use. I thought the first handset I had had a faulty port (I thought it had recessed ). I contacted Motorola and they sent me a new code and I got the second handset yesterday. It seems to be the same. I am coming from an iPhone 5 and the Apple connector is better and easy to use. Just an observation, and I am worried about durability over time.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and the X!!!
I have been using phones with Micro USB for quite some time, and they hold up pretty well. I would say as long as you are careful when pluging in and out, everything should be fine.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've actually felt the firmness of the charging port to be excellent in the Motorola. I guess it comes down to preference.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I marked the top of the mini connector so that i knew which way it went into the the phone.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I marked the top of the mini connector so that i knew which way it went into the the phone.

The OEM cable plug is dished in on the top to aid in orienting it to plug right side up. Thumb it and plug it! Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Something I noticed is that neither the OEM cable nor the one from my G2 seats fully in the phone's charging port. It charges fine, but is just not a confidence-inspiring connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

meguy67

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I looked at some YouTube Moto X videos and none of the chargers insert all the way like the lightening port on the iPhone 5. I think it's normal.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was really bizarre that the port on the X is reversed so the flat side is facing the back of the phone. Every other phone/device I have is the opposite.