11-29-2015 08:33 AM
29 12
tools
    Daaang I thought Moto X wasn't able to Miracast!!
    03-02-2014 08:03 AM
    Daaang I thought Moto X wasn't able to Miracast!!
    The moto x can.

@pigyfull:

It's noting with the version number. The Moto X supports miracast and it works easy with the right miracast adapter. The G supports it hardware wise but not software unfortunately. Probably not to rival the moto x, and because it would be forced to use data which not everyone has unlimited. However, rooting, and editing the build prop is away around that

@sunnyful:

I'm glad you got your miracast adapter working and chose the moto x. I would have gotten one but the lenovo thing made me hesitate, and then the Moto X 2 was hinted for summer/fall release. Buying the G for $200 until the moto x 2 comes out was the next best thing. And I love my G. But damn that lack of NFC.

Also I realized with the tronsmart one, you have to disconnect from tronsmart wi-fi and retype the password everytime to get it to work. I got so pissed off when it would work and wouldn't work with my nexus 7 2013. Through trial and error I can now get it to work perfectly each and every time

@sunyful
    03-02-2014 02:41 PM
    I just switched to Tmobile. I'm in a similar situation however, I can get cable internet but choose not to. Tmobile has told me unthrottled 4glte data on cellular. I know what you're talking about. You don't want to use your hotspot data, rather you want to use your cellular data. Although they are the same source, and i've been banging on tmobile about the distinction and how if you advertise unlimited data it should truly be unlimited hotspot included. Overall the internet should be free! It's like a public international library in your home. With all the taxes we pay in America, internet should be free! They have the capability (look into White Spaces) they could stream extremely fast speeds over the old analog television frequencies. This whole data cap, throttling bull**** needs to stop. We over pay for EVERYTHING in this country! What gets to me mostly is seeing uneducated and some educated people laughing at the fact that they pay so much for junk. Haha, look at me I just spent 700 on a cell phone, oh look at me I pay hundreds a month for highspeed internet....etc. We have all been enslaved "legally" and we enjoy it. We work hard to pay everyone elses bills. Unlimited data, should be just that. Ahhh, now back to what's at hand, the only way that I've seen is to use the MHL to HDMI adapter. I will be going out today to purchase a cheap $10 version from walmart to see if it works while useing cellular data rather than hotspot. If it does then great, if not oh well, guess I will be ******** and moaning to these companies until they change their predatory ways. Perhaps, we all stand up against the establishments and demand fair practices, demand affordable living, ahh the pipe dream. It will probably not happen because we all have our faces locked onto the screen while the world around us builds us into prisons.
    01-06-2015 12:20 PM
    Tried Motorola Moto X (1 Gen XT1052, XT1058) and Samsung Galaxy Tab with miracast dongle Netgear PTV3000.
    Used it for about a month with the latest firmware for Video, Audio, Photo streaming. So it was working just fine 65% of time. But there were 35% of time when it was hanging up, interrupting video transmission, didn't accept incoming connections.
    11-29-2015 08:33 AM
29 12