Sprint Bloat

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so as I'm going through my apps in the settings I see a lot of applications from Sprint and Motorola. I feel as if I don't use these and I don't need them, so I was wondering if there was a way to remove all of the stuff that I don't need.

Is this where rooting comes into play? I've been thinking about learning how to root so this could lead me to further my action.

Thank you

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

flipponater

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
You may be able to disable some of them but to completely remove them you will NEED root

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so as I'm going through my apps in the settings I see a lot of applications from Sprint and Motorola. I feel as if I don't use these and I don't need them, so I was wondering if there was a way to remove all of the stuff that I don't need.

Is this where rooting comes into play? I've been thinking about learning how to root so this could lead me to further my action.

Thank you

You can disable them through Settings. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/325138-guide-how-disable-apps.html
Otherwise to completely remove them, you would need to root like the previous poster said. What is sad, though, is there is significantly less bloat than in my S3 from Sprint.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Thank you

Just disable them, don't delete. If you delete preinstalled apps the next OTA update will fail. At least that's my past experience.
All Verizon bloat can be disabled, not sure about sprint

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Just disable them, don't delete. If you delete preinstalled apps the next OTA update will fail. At least that's my past experience.
All Verizon bloat can be disabled, not sure about sprint

*backup assistant plus

Grrr, and it is always running in the background too

-Moto X-

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Why is it sad that there is less bloat?

And what would you recommend disabling?

Sad in a sense that there is a phone that does just fine with only a few carrier apps, as opposed to being so bogged down with crap. A demonstration of the X that other OEMs should follow.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Alright, didn't know if I should delete or just disable them. Thanks guys!

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Most of the Sprint apps can actually be uninstalled. I can only think of two that are still on my phone which are Sprint Zone (which I've disabled) and Sprint Worldwide (which I've also disabled). The music mess can all be uninstalled.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Most of the Sprint apps can actually be uninstalled. I can only think of two that are still on my phone which are Sprint Zone (which I've disabled) and Sprint Worldwide (which I've also disabled). The music mess can all be uninstalled.

What about some if the Motorola add one? Just seems like I don't really need Motorola Check in, or some other Motorola apps. Maybe I need those, if so let me know. Thanks guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12