A little funky behavior with Trusted Device

Take57

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Not earth shaking, but I noticed when I set up my laptop to be a trusted device (which worked well enough) the ringtone and notification playback on the phone got very choppy. I just got my Moto X a few days ago and thought 'dang it, my speaker is defective' but as soon as I turned the bluetooth off the rings and such played fine.

Perhaps it's attempting to play the notifications though the laptop? I don't have a bluetooth headset handy to test, presumably the phone will toss the ringtones, etc. to the headset and cut the playback on the phone. Also, when "Tile" tags start getting into circulation and used as trusted devices I won't have the problem either.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Not earth shaking, but I noticed when I set up my laptop to be a trusted device (which worked well enough) the ringtone and notification playback on the phone got very choppy. I just got my Moto X a few days ago and thought 'dang it, my speaker is defective' but as soon as I turned the bluetooth off the rings and such played fine.

Perhaps it's attempting to play the notifications though the laptop? I don't have a bluetooth headset handy to test, presumably the phone will toss the ringtones, etc. to the headset and cut the playback on the phone. Also, when "Tile" tags start getting into circulation and used as trusted devices I won't have the problem either.

What do ya mean you set your laptop as a trusted device , are you trying to play music/video from your phone to your laptop??

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work. I tried it myself few days ago and I had to manually navigate to my phone file system from windows explorer to deactivate screen lock.
Look at my comment history for details

Take57

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't work. I tried it myself few days ago and I had to manually navigate to my phone file system from windows explorer to deactivate screen lock.
Look at my comment history for details
Interesting. Mine seems to work fine for the PIN lock/unlock, the ringtone audio is the only problem. BTW - I just checked, no issues with activating/deactivating laptop as trusted device, no issues with deactivating/reactivating PIN screen lock.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Mine seems to work fine for the PIN lock/unlock, the ringtone audio is the only problem. BTW - I just checked, no issues with activating/deactivating laptop as trusted device, no issues with deactivating/reactivating PIN screen lock.

Well, I guess it's my laptop. I've tried everything (there really isn't much you can try).
They better add an option to have a trusted network connection because it makes much more sense.

Take57

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I think I figured it out.... I disabled the laptop as an bluetooth audio device on the Moto. Works great now, very cool feature. Looking forward to when the "Tile" type devices start coming out later this year so I can setup more trusted zones. (I agree with you tr-1, being able to have trusted networks would be very useful)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol