Moto X has a Green Notification Light!

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you found any instructions for using it? Or an explanation as to why it's listed? No. I've had my phone for four months and have never seen the LED, that's why people consider it "hidden".

Posted via Android Central App

I hope you're just desperately grasping for an explanation and don't really believe what you wrote. If you believe it then you don't know the meaning of the word hidden. When someone puts something in bold letters saying "hey, this is right here" and draws an arrow straight to it, then in no way shape or form is it hidden. That would be like me going to an airport, pointing to all the planes and saying they're all hidden because I don't know how to pilot them. Anyone who considers it hidden is flat out wrong.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Never has there been so much to do over so little! Active notification works great and is the future! Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

jpoulin587

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
As a former BlackBerry user, a notification light is essential for me. Unless you have a phone with an an active display which is WAY better.

I'll never use that light.

;-)

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I ran my phone dead this weekend (took over 1 Day and 16 Hours with 3 hours and 20 minutes SOT) and the green light never came on :( not when it was dead, not when it was charging. I just wanted to see it.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I ran my phone dead this weekend (took over 1 Day and 16 Hours with 3 hours and 20 minutes SOT) and the green light never came on :( not when it was dead, not when it was charging. I just wanted to see it.

Which, carrier? Maybe VZW who left out of their manual also left it out of their build! Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Never seen it on my Sprint model.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree. With active notification I feel like I have to look at the screen to wait for the next pulse to find out if something is waiting because you can't really tell the difference between a time only pulse versus a time + notification pulse without looking. With my BB I can spot that red light out of the corner of my eye when it is sitting on my desk, even without stopping to look at it.

greg_atlanta

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I loved the different colors I could do on the LED light for moto atrix. Color is better than icons when you're farsighted and don't wear your glasses all the time.

Any way to speed up the pulsation of the active notifications?

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon. Seems weird they would make separate speaker/LED assemblies.

I have the Verizon X and mine has the LED light. I saw it once when using a cheap usb cable with my computer to charge my phone. The cable I was using was very low voltage, my phone would barely go up in percentage. After being plugged in for a bit, my phone died and the green light showed up. I think it looks pretty nice but still love active notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21