MOTO X Vibration....Or lack thereof

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I am still new to the Moto X, so pardon me if I am asking something that has been answered. I am recently coming from the Razr Maxx to the Moto X. The notification vibrations for texts, emails, etc on the Razr/Razr Maxx is like a mini buzz saw going off and is not easily missed. I am finding out that the vibration strength on the Moto X is very weak, causing me to miss texts and notifications when set to vibrate only.

I have spent time looking for a way to increase the strength of the vibrations, but I have failed miserably to find an answer. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.

dsw1519

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
You can download smart vibrator app from the play store. The app allows you to create your own vibrate patterns. It easy to use and works well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried that one and one other. When I saved a custom one and assigned it as my default, the stock one still works. Any obvious ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
WOW! I have had two moto x's...a 16GB and sold it to get a 32GB and they both vibrate like a massage vibrator. I often joke if you cannot feel it, you have nerve damage. Yours may be faulty or you may have nerve damage...oh and hell yeah I am Texan!

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I do have one other MX ordered and on the way, so perhaps I will try that one and if it is like you say then I will definitely send it back. Am I missing an intensity slider somewhere in the settings? I know some LG devices are able to be tuned that way, but not sure on the MX.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
No offense to anyone involved but I find these threads curious. I see many complaining of 'harsh' or hardcore vibration on moto x, particularly with active display, and others with the opposite complaints. I've determined there must be a discrepancy in the build quality of various moto x's. For the record, mine is exactly as I'd expect coming from the bionic, what I'd call normal I guess. It isn't super vibrate like my wife's iPhone (jeez things like a helicopter) but I feel it vibrate for calls and notifications but active display doesn't feel harsh, just right.

My 2 cents.

-Moto X-

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Many things people complain about are subjective, so it's difficult to know whether the device is operating normally and it's just not satisfactory to you, or if the device is defective. I've never had a smart phone that vibrated like my old Nextel phones did, but Motorola still seems to be best among current phones. For me, my particular Moto X is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Many things people complain about are subjective, so it's difficult to know whether the device is operating normally and it's just not satisfactory to you, or if the device is defective. I've never had a smart phone that vibrated like my old Nextel phones did, but Motorola still seems to be best among current phones. For me, my particular Moto X is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Well said. It's subjective. I think it works great. I have not missed a call or other message while on vibrate. That doesn't mean it isn't too much or too little for someone else.

Sent from my Moto X

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems pretty mild. It woke me up on a table but I don't even notice it in my pocket which is rather disappointing. But it is one of only four things I would change. I'm fairly happy with the x overall though.

(I know someone will ask so the other three things I would change would be adding trusted WiFi, raising the volume a bit and changing how accessibility works when zooming the screen larger. It's pretty crude and Google needs to address it.)

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
How amusing - I was just thinking about this (weird, I know). My phone sounds like a chain saw. I can hear it across my classroom. I'd love to be able to dial it down a notch, but no biggie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance