t mobile's new trade in deals and moto x

nfotiu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile will pay you $650 to switch over - Jan. 8, 2014

Anyone have any insight into if you could get this deal (paid ETF and possibly a trade in) and get a t-mobile Moto X? It mentions having to buy a phone from T-mobile, but I am guessing there is no way to do this? I'd think that the moto x with it's $399 price would be an attractive phone for t-mobile where they don't subsidize phones, so I am surprised they make it tricky to buy.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
checking out the T-mobile site, I did not see the Moto-X as an option for phones. Not sure if they would allow the Moto maker version for the change over deal. Not giving up my X so doubt Ill change, it does look tempting.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think you can buy the Moto X directly from T-Mobile. The motomaker site mentions "Get the Moto X for T-Mobile exclusively on Motorola.com".

It might not hurt to call a T-Mobile rep directly and ask if there's any way to take advantage of their new ETF payment while getting a Moto X but it doesn't look like there's a way at the moment.

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
When I checked how much "trade-in" value I would get for my phones, the estimate on their web site gave me: Atrix HD - $37 & Moto X - $127.

I don't think so.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering leaving AT&T with this deal but my wife and I want to keep our phones (iPhone 5c and Moto X), and here is how I'm doing it. I have two older phones (an HTC Titan and Pantech Pursuit II) from AT&T. They are worth $17 and $1 from T-Mobile, but they are in fact both elligable for this program. I will then buy their cheapest possible phones (which are like $4 a month or about $100 out right, not sure which way I'll go). I'll pay them off then sell them for $60 or so. In the end, it won't be free for me to switch, but it will be at minimal cost, I'll get to keep using my phone I have now, and I'll gain the freedom T-Mobile offers.