Moto connect on 2nd android device

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have moto connect plug in for my Chrome browser, works great. Is there an app or something I can get to use it on my Nexus 7? I want to be able to send/receive text messages using my number. I know there are free text messaging apps but everyone has to be on the app, which I do not want to do. I have tried to add the plug in on N7 but it will not work.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of a way to do it through moto connect, but you might check out mighty text. I haven't used it since getting a moto x (and because of that I don't know how it does with the hangouts conversion), but prior to that I was able to send an receive SMS from my phone, nexus 7 and desktop via the browser. That might be something that does what you're looking for. When I used it, MightyText ran in the background and basically all it does is forward your SMS to MightyText's servers so it can sync, very similarly to how MotoConnect works. On the tablet however, you'd probably have to use the MightyText app to text, rather than hangouts.

MightyText | SMS From Computer or Tablet
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.texty.sms&token=EFO2ccKg

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
If your on Verizon, give Verizon Messages a try. After you set it up on your phone, you can install it on any other device, Verizon or not and it works and best thing is if you prefer another app on the phone, you don't have to leave it running after the initial setup though you'll still need to use it on the other device. Pretty nice app, and it has the Emojis everyone seems to be so enamored with.

Posted via Android Central App

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I set up the Verizon Messages on my Acer tablet and Moto X and got it sync up and working, and then switched the Moto X back to the native SMS like techtrucker noted above and all is good. I had wanted something like this for a long time. Thanks chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton