Speak PIN to unlock...

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with speak pin to unlock. I set up my pin and speak pin to unlock is activated. Once on my lockscreen I'm required to say "ok google now" follow by my pin in order to get the little window asking me to say my pin. Otherwise I won't get that window. After I say my pin for the second time it actually unlocks the phone but it also opens the search app searching the pin I said. Does anyone have the same problem or am I the only one?

I called Motorola level 2 support but apparently the person I spoke to didn't have any knowledge on the software. He's gonna do some research and call me tomorrow. lawl.

Any help would be appreciated =)

Btw, the phone is unlocked and rooted.

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I know that. It's supposed to ask me to say my pin after I say the command "Ok google now" but it doesn't.

NoAck

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If I say"OK Google now. What time is it" it will not ask for the pin. If I say "OK google now. Open my email.", it will ask me for the pin, go to the search, recognize the phrase "open my email" and then open my email.

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Go into settings, touchless controls, commands while unlocked and uncheck both boxes if you want the PIN lock screen to always show up.

Last edited:

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I know that. It's supposed to ask me to say my pin after I say the command "Ok google now" but it doesn't.

No it isn't. "Speak PIN to unlock " only applies if you're asking voice search to do something that requires unlocking your screen, and it will ask you for your PIN after you make that inquiry (such as "Open messaging" or "make phone call").