01-16-2014 10:34 AM
30 12
tools
    Does anyone think the Moto X UK announcement sort of confirms that there won't be a new Moto X this year.

Or do you think Moto will really come out with a Moto X2 or something 6 months from now just as the UK gets their Moto Maker and their obstacles worked out. I really think that like someone else said, moto maker will get more colors and more of the natural backs and POSSIBLY maybe extra ram, different processer, or options like that. Just like you check off the 16GB or 32GB there will be an option for that.

Moto did originally say at first that there will be more higher end models in the future. I don't think they'd be smart if they did it this year especially with the release of Moto X in the UK. I have heard rumors about a Moto Maker Tablet too. I honestly hope they don't come out with a new one this year. The launch was sort of flawed with AT&T exclusivity, the lack of moto maker, limitations with moto maker and being available on all the carries. And now the UK is going to go through that as well. Plus I have a feeling the Moto X can keep up with all the other flagship devices even if Samysung and others use 3GB of ram and Snapdragon in theirs. But then again technology changes so much in just 3-6 months.
    Everything is speculation so nothing is confirmed. They will more than likely bring a tablet though this year. A newer low end model I think is what they will do. The successor to the Moto X will probably come this year but its true form is unknown at this point.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    01-15-2014 10:10 AM
    Everything is speculation so nothing is confirmed. They will more than likely bring a tablet though this year. A newer low end model I think is what they will do. The successor to the Moto X will probably come this year but its true form is unknown at this point.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    I really like the idea of a Moto X tablet. As far as a sequel to the Moto X, I think that they have to. I would certainly be interested in getting one if they do. I have kinda missed the boat on last year's model.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    01-15-2014 02:19 PM
    OK tablet now! Where is my Moto X? I can not answer right now, I eating a tasty little android right now!

Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-15-2014 03:56 PM
    either way,
    1. replaceable parts to upgrade certain internals, or
    2. replace the phone internals with upgraded specs as a whole.

As long as they keep the integration of the all the parts like they have now. The X is greater than its parts, hence how it performs so great is because Moto optimized everything to work with every other part.

So either way, I am will upgrade to the new X or the X2.
    01-16-2014 06:22 AM
    First things first: I like my Moto X only had it for a little while, hope it lasts for a long time.
    That said, for a phone I think the X is a perfect size, that is why I got it.
    One could go with a larger phone and cram all kinds of higher end hardware into it but that would not appeal to me.
    So, we are left with a X that has it's size tweaked but not altered in any major way.
    Right now all the SD 800's under heavy load have to throttle down in order to not melt the handset.
    This is another reason I picked a Moto X. X8 is a great power saver and pretty powerful.
    In time however, these TDP's will be lowered due to innovation or miniaturization.
    Then is when my new Moto X2, T, U, V ...whatever will be delivered.
    on a cautious note:
    I seem to detect some hostility/competitiveness between Goog and Moto.
    Just hope it doesn't turn nasty, together they could produce some tremendous products.
    01-16-2014 10:34 AM
30 12