Anyone come from Droid Razr to the Moto X, what can I expect?

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered a Moto X last night off Swappa. I will be coming from a Droid Razr Maxx.
Anyone else come from the Razr and able to tell me what to expect?
I hear the X camera is bad, but it has to be better than my Razr. Any thoughts to share overall? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I came from Razr Maxx to the Moto X. Got mine off-contract on Cyber Wednesday via Motomaker and so far, I'm loving the Moto X. The form factor is great. Smaller size is easily pocketable and fits nicely in hand. Display is much better on the MX with very little wasted space for bezel, etc. Battery life is less of course, but with optimizations in KitKat and Moto X8 processor architecture, I'm averaging about 30 hours of battery with moderate use and can usually get over 4 hours of screen on time, so I get through one full day without any problems and charge overnight every night. Moto X is close to stock Android which I like and Moto has added nice software touches with Active Display, Touchless Controls, Motorola Connect, Motorola Assist, Motorola Migrate, etc. Pictures I've taken have been quite acceptable for my needs and comparable with the DRM. The flick the wrist trick to turn on the camera sounds kind of stupid, but it actually works well and is the quickest way to capture a picture. I bought mine after the initial camera software update, so don't know about supposed improvements. Also, Moto has placed the camera app on the Play Store meaning they can do further software updates quicker, without the need of waiting for a full blown system update. OS is very smooth and fast, no lags or stuttering at all. App updates are very fast and don't seem to adversely impact the phone operation like they did for me on the DRM and when you go into settings and manage apps, the apps list populates much faster too. I thought about trading it back in before my 14-day trial ended for a Droid Maxx for the bigger battery and screen size, but decided in the end that I had ample battery with the MX and I liked the smaller form factor of it vs the DRM. I think you'll enjoy it.