01-19-2014 11:47 PM
54 123
tools
    I just want Photosphere. It was the whole reason I was excited for 4.2, and when I bought the Moto X I didn't realize it didn't have it. I know I can download it, but it doesn't have the ability to upload them.
    Steve Tyburski1 likes this.
    01-18-2014 02:29 PM
    Just what does this mean ?

Sorry for being confused.
    Many people (not everyone, and not just on the x) have issues with 4.4 and exchange email.

I'm also hoping 4.4.2 will further fix the camera including the iso problem.
    01-18-2014 03:01 PM
    Thx

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    01-18-2014 03:41 PM
    Moto X is always slow when getting updates. If this is your concern buy NEXUS device.... always motox will trail 1-3 months of android's latest.
    01-19-2014 04:57 AM
    Moto X is always slow when getting updates. If this is your concern buy NEXUS device.... always motox will trail 1-3 months of android's latest.
    Slow? It's true that the Moto X is going to lag behind the Nexus with updates in most cases but out of all the non-Nexus devices, the Moto X was the first to get 4.4. We got 4.4 just a few weeks after the Nexus 5 went on sale, just a week after the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 and even got it before the Nexus 4. I would hardly call that "slow".
    01-19-2014 05:14 AM
    According to a member on xda forums he just received 4.4.2 on a Verizon moto x.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    01-19-2014 11:11 AM

Cool, Thanks for the update.
    01-19-2014 12:09 PM
    What's so interesting is that I have never heard of people having problems with exchange on the Moto X on KitKat until a couple of weeks ago. I have never had a problem and my college email comes through exchange. Shouldn't there be an email app to use from the play store that can suffice until the update comes along for those having problems?

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-19-2014 12:50 PM
    You'd think so. I think a lot of users migrated from Apple and they're trained not to look for solutions which deviate from what's preinstalled on the phone.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    A895 and TBolt like this.
    01-19-2014 12:59 PM
    You'd think so. I think a lot of users migrated from Apple and they're trained not to look for solutions which deviate from what's preinstalled on the phone.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Sounds about right.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-19-2014 01:11 PM

I saw that there is some questions though some things not adding up if you read though that thread.
    I know there has been no talk yet of 4.2.2 being pushed out as of yet in the motorola forums.(MFN)Maybe that will happen next week but as far as that guy on xda already getting the update..... Well I dont know for sure if thats bogus or not .
    01-19-2014 01:30 PM
    I saw that there is some questions though some things not adding up if you read though that thread.
    I know there has been no talk yet of 4.2.2 being pushed out as of yet in the motorola forums.(MFN)Maybe that will happen next week but as far as that guy on xda already getting the update..... Well I dont know for sure if thats bogus or not .
    Yes. Post about system updates that no one else has received should be taken with a grain of salt. However, when I had the OG droid RAZR I received the ICS update before anyone on xda or even my wife's RAZR at the time. So its possible the update accidentally slipped to a few phones and it will soon be released to everyone.

01-19-2014 02:18 PM
    ...hope springs eternal!
    01-19-2014 02:32 PM
    Slow? It's true that the Moto X is going to lag behind the Nexus with updates in most cases but out of all the non-Nexus devices, the Moto X was the first to get 4.4. We got 4.4 just a few weeks after the Nexus 5 went on sale, just a week after the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 and even got it before the Nexus 4. I would hardly call that "slow".
    But it never got any of the 4.3 releases, so in that time frame I'd say it was slow, or more accurately, non-existant.
    01-19-2014 04:38 PM
    So skipping 4.3 when they knew 4.4 was releasing soon makes them slow to bring updates? Interesting world you live in.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-19-2014 05:09 PM
    So skipping 4.3 when they knew 4.4 was releasing soon makes them slow to bring updates? Interesting world you live in.

Posted via Android Central App
    I live in a world where 4.3.2 was usable, and where 4.4 has a number of issues, making it not so much.
    01-19-2014 06:34 PM
    I live in a world where 4.3.2 was usable, and where 4.4 has a number of issues, making it not so much.
    I wouldn't say that here. You'll be branded an apple lover who doesn't look for solutions lol
    01-19-2014 07:16 PM
    I wouldn't say that here. You'll be branded an apple lover who doesn't look for solutions lol
    Heh heh. I am an Apple lover, but less so in recent years.

I don't have time or interest in discovery and implementation of work arounds. Just want all the new bugs fixed, a number of which seem like silly oversight.
    01-19-2014 07:49 PM
    Yet, that still doesn't reconcile the idea of Motorola being slow with updates. They got 4.4 out faster than any other OEM and even faster than it arrived for some Nexus devices.
    01-19-2014 08:19 PM
    Yet, that still doesn't reconcile the idea of Motorola being slow with updates. They got 4.4 out faster than any other OEM and even faster than it arrived for some Nexus devices.
    But it had 4.2.2 on it b4 that point, where Nexus had 4.3 along with a couple of updates.

Look, I wanna believe Moto X will get timely, regular updates just like you do; I am just not convinced of that yet.

I'm confident we'll get 4.4.2, but I would not bet a substantial amount of money we see substantially more than that.
    01-19-2014 08:26 PM
    But it had 4.2.2 on it b4 that point, where Nexus had 4.3 along with a couple of updates.
    Right. I guess I, like others here, simply don't understand your logic.

And I don't care about 4.4.2.
    01-19-2014 08:51 PM
    Right. I guess I, like others here, simply don't understand your logic.

And I don't care about 4.4.2.
    You don't want the newly introduced bugs fixed, or have you just not run into them? Plenty have, even if you have not.

Let's revisit this thread in 9 months. I'll be thrilled to be proven out of line at that point.
    01-19-2014 09:00 PM
    You don't want the newly introduced bugs fixed, or have you just not run into them? Plenty have, even if you have not.
    I don't suffer from the bugs, so right now I don't care about 4.4.2.

You may be right later; you may be wrong. All we know right now--and all I really asserted here in terms of update speed--is that Motorola was insanely fast with 4.4. That is not up for debate. Whatever you want to claim about the future...well, okay. Go ahead.
    01-19-2014 09:08 PM
    I don't suffer from the bugs, so right now I don't care about 4.4.2.

You may be right later; you may be wrong. All we know right now--and all I really asserted here in terms of update speed--is that Motorola was insanely fast with 4.4. That is not up for debate. Whatever you want to claim about the future...well, okay. Go ahead.
    What are you asserting? One update? Clearly they are not insanely fast with 4.4.2. Even the moto g has received that first.
    01-19-2014 09:46 PM
    The holdup on 4.4.2 in all likelihood has to do with the broken hotword detection in KitKat.
    I'm pleased with Motorola so far. They've moved quite a few key features of the phone away from the carriers by releasing them on Google Play, just like Google is doing.
    They are communicative with their customers via their blog and Google Plus.
    They've listened to us regarding the voiding of warranties on developer edition phones with unlocked bootloaders.

Even if we have to wait a couple more months, we are STILL better off than people with Samsung or HTC phones waiting for their updates.
    01-19-2014 09:54 PM
54 123