Moto X: Bluetooth fast forward bug after phone call ends

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a very odd, and big, bug today on my Moto X. I had just got around to linking it to my cars bluetooth and noticed after I ended a call the music didn't resume. Upon opening Pandora I found the music was on fast forward and would not let me stop it. If I was to skip to another song the new song was also on fast forward. I have since tested it on another bluetooth device to rule out my cars bluetooth as the culprit, and it happened on the other device as well. I was also able to reproduce it using YouTube (so it's not a bug with Pandora). I have done a factory reset and the bug remains. I am wondering if anyone else has this or if this could possibly just be a problem with my phone?

Here is the workflow to reproduce the bug:

• Connect phone to bluetooth device that supports both phone and music profiles.
  • Open up youtube and start watching a video (audio will play through bluetooth)
  • After about 15 seconds click the home button
  • Call someone (I called a 1-800 number)
  • After about 15 seconds on the phone, hang up
  • Now go back to youtube and press play
  • The video will be playing in fast forward (no audio) and there isn't a way to stop this.
  • Once you disconnect bluetooth you can then play the video fine

*You may have to make a phone call 2 or 3 times before this happens, but it will happen - at least on my phone.

Can others please test to see if you can reproduce it? My phone is stock and running kitkat with all apps up-to-date. I have also tested this using my Nexus 5 and it does not have this issue. I will try to record a video tomorrow to better show what is happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth fast forward bug after phone call ends

I tagged one of moto bluetooth engineers to look at your thread.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth fast forward bug after phone call ends

This JUST happened to me. I was listening to a book on Smart Audiobook player. I tried restarting the app but it didn’t help. I even switched to a different book.
When I restarted my headphones the problem was gone.

andino

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've experienced something similar to this. What happens is I don't get all the layers of a song so I'll have only vocals play but no music. Seems to happen randomly and it happened the other day where I had to switch to aux to get music back to normal. Only happens via bluetooth audio though.

Joachim Melin

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a pair of Sony SBH20 stereo bluetooth headset and noticed that the youtube videos would play fast forward with no sound and the problem won't go away unless I restart my phone. Went to google and found this thread. There seems to be a bug with android, bluetooth in general and some apps. I have a Sony xperia Z1. Really annoying bug. Any luck finding a solution?

michael boggess

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I have same issues on my motto x and what I did was I put a Bluetooth toggle widget I just turn it on and off after every phone call it is annoying and prob not safest when I drive.

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happens on my Uconnect in my Jeep. Music played through Bluetooth is played in fast forward. Phone calls are fine. Heard it's a Uconnect update issue, no the phone. Haven't talked to my dealership yet for an update.

Optimizing my Moto X

coacht0m

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC One M8 and it does the same thing with audible books. Sometimes my music but mostly with Audible. If you dont stop it right away after hang up, the thing will FF to the end of book. Cant find any info about a fix anyplace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674