Moto X: Google keyboard talk to text?

bigMANjtf33

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
The google keyboard on my moto X has no mic so I can not use talk to text? Tried uninstall/reinstall and not working. I really liked
having this option. Friend has one and his has the mic in the lower left mine just shows the ,

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: moto x google keyboard talk to text?

The google keyboard on my moto X has no mic so I can not use talk to text? Tried uninstall/reinstall and not working. I really liked
having this option. Friend has one and his has the mic in the lower left mine just shows the ,

Welcome to the forums.
Go to Settings>Language and input>click the settings icon to the right of Google Keyboard>ensure voice typing is checked.

bigMANjtf33

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Ya glad to join! always nice to talk with more android fellows! I did that and it worked thanks. Is there a way to make the mic the default icon instead of the comma?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Ya glad to join! always nice to talk with more android fellows! I did that and it worked thanks. Is there a way to make the mic the default icon instead of the comma?

There used to be a way. It must have been changed in an update.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

On mine if I go to Settings>Language & Input, then scroll down to Keyboard & Input Methods I have two options listed - Google Keyboard and Google Voice Typing. If I place a check mark selecting Google Voice Typing then the Mic is always displayed on the keyboard rather than the comma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781