Touchless Control doesn't display name

Sam12Ash

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey all so I have a moto x that displays my name (Yes Sam?) when I say okay Google now but my girlfriend's phone doesn't say hers. Any ideas? I didn't do anything special when setting up my phone. Thanks everyone.

Posted via Android Central App

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
:O. lol. Fewer phone features unless you are a G+ members. This is getting wild. *waits for Timely to require G+ membership*

I don't think it's actually necessary what you have to do is to create a profile for yourself. That profile is local, and you would be able to see that in the persons app (old contacts).
I have not logged to plus, and my screen shows my name...
It is the same if you go to the quick settings menu, I have my name top left...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's actually necessary what you have to do is to create a profile for yourself. That profile is local, and you would be able to see that in the persons app (old contacts).
I have not logged to plus, and my screen shows my name...
It is the same if you go to the quick settings menu, I have my name top left...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Phew. That would be so unbelievably lame. :D. Thanks.

43v3rfree86

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am also having troubles getting my Moto X to display my name. I already have my profile set up in my people app, and linked to my Google+ account.

Troubleshooting steps included uninstalling the updates, disabling and re-enabling the app. Nothing seems to resolve my issue =(

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
All you have to do is go into the stock contacts app and update your "Me" profile with whatever name you want the phone to call you. It even has a spot for you to put the phonetic name, in case you're like me and have an oddly spelled one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Justin Keener

May 25, 2014
Visit site
OK this is what you need to do. I had the same issue and just now figured it out on 5/25 at 11:09 am(doing this so you know i am not lying.)

Swipe down and click on the upper right corner. then click on your profile in the upper most corner and fix the issue there. Somehow my entire gmail name was there instead of just my first and i was able to fix it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo