01-27-2014 07:11 AM
37 12
tools
    Why won't his Moto X work on Tmobile? All verizon lte phones are unlocked, pop that sim in and off you go. May not have lte but in most areas their hspa is very good.
    +2

It should work fine. I have some T-Mobile Sims I haven't bothered to activate yet, but it should work fine. Here in Birmingham, their HSPA+ is REALLY good. Give it a try.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-21-2014 02:53 PM
    But its the closest and is the easiest device to unlock bootloader and have the most available rom and fastest to get them.
    Notice I said from "in terms of UI".

Unlockable bootloaders and other ROMs are irrelevant.
    01-21-2014 02:57 PM
    Why won't his Moto X work on Tmobile? All verizon lte phones are unlocked, pop that sim in and off you go. May not have lte but in most areas their hspa is very good.
    I was going to say this but you beat me to it! This is correct information as far as I know.
    01-21-2014 03:02 PM
    So my family and I all were on AT&T.

My parents and my brother are already off contract, i was the only one with some 20 months left over.

for the sake of saving some monthly cost for the whole family, we all moved over to T-mobile this weekend.

I had to surrender my Moto in order for T-Mobile to honor the "break up" strategy

From the view of owning a phone, considering T-Mobile give me the ability to break ETF, and 173 dollars towards a new device,

the cost looks great, and pretty much a discount of paying for a Nexus 5 for 223 dollars pretax.

having used the Nexus 5 for the weekend, I will say, its everything I've come to expect for a stock device. its stable, and of course no real issues.

The only thing going for it from my perspective is its screen is brighter, but a bit washed out compared to my Moto X. Speed wise for a day to day user; I see almost no difference in performance for the applications. Ergonomic wise, the Moto X feels so much better in hand compared to the N5.

but I have to say, I miss the twist twist camera motion, and active notifications. I know its nuts, as the Moto X is pretty much half way through its cycle... But seriously just those two things alone from my user preference, I am heavily considering to sell the N5 just to buy an out of contract Moto X. I knew I was going to miss my Moto X; but I didn't think it would hit me this fast... but to save some money upfront from service contracts for my family was the key to why i had to bit the bullet... and T-Mo doesn't honor the Moto X as a new handset from their line of android phones.

but i thought i'd share some thoughts on the after life of a Moto X user. Moto and Google really have made a good device, even the Nexus flagship in this case has nothing over the Moto X due to the software offerings paired up with a nearly 4.4kit kat experience.
    You could probably get more than the $223 you payed for the X if it's still in good condition. The X is $400 off-contract so you'd be paying less than $150. I'd say it's worth it if you miss it that much; then you could upgrade to the X2 if you have the JUMP program
    01-21-2014 08:12 PM
    I was thinking about switching to T-Mobile also. I am on Verizon with the moto x. What's holding me back is having to buy a new phone for T-Mobile. If I do the 0 down and just finance a new phone into my plan, it really won't be much cheaper. My question is will my Verizon moto x work on T-Mobile. If it does I would probably switch.
    01-21-2014 08:41 PM
    I was thinking about switching to T-Mobile also. I am on Verizon with the moto x. What's holding me back is having to buy a new phone for T-Mobile. If I do the 0 down and just finance a new phone into my plan, it really won't be much cheaper. My question is will my Verizon moto x work on T-Mobile. If it does I would probably switch.
    Yes it does. I popped my T-mobile sim into my vzw moto x the other day (I live in Boston) and had perfect LTE. I wasn't sure if it worked at first because I was using an AT&T unlocked Moto X, but prefer my Verizon one instead (customized a bit better)
    01-21-2014 08:48 PM
    Yes, but you have to trade in your phone for them to pay the ETF. Can't do that if you want to keep your X

01-21-2014 08:59 PM
    Question: Does anyone know how TMO will handle situations where the device that was attached to the contract is no longer available, either because it was previously sold, given to another family member, broken etc.

I have other carrier branded equipment available that I would gladly relinquish, but are they going to renig on the deal if my chosen device is not a newer handset?
    01-22-2014 12:32 PM
    Yes, but you have to trade in your phone for them to pay the ETF. Can't do that if you want to keep your X

That sucks. Thanks for the information though.
    01-23-2014 01:10 PM
    Yes it does. I popped my T-mobile sim into my vzw moto x the other day (I live in Boston) and had perfect LTE. I wasn't sure if it worked at first because I was using an AT&T unlocked Moto X, but prefer my Verizon one instead (customized a bit better)
    You'll have perfect LTE, but VoLTE (Voice-over-LTE) does not exist yet as far as I know. So your Verizon phone will be trying to contact T-Mobile over 1xRTT or CDMA (Verizon protocols), and that just ain't gonna happen unless the phone also happens to have a GSM/GPRS/HSPA radio as well.

Data will work as long as you are in good LTE coverage. SMS, voice, etc? I doubt it, but I'd be curious to hear your results.
    01-23-2014 02:53 PM
    You'll have perfect LTE, but VoLTE (Voice-over-LTE) does not exist yet as far as I know. So your Verizon phone will be trying to contact T-Mobile over 1xRTT or CDMA (Verizon protocols), and that just ain't gonna happen unless the phone also happens to have a GSM/GPRS/HSPA radio as well.

Data will work as long as you are in good LTE coverage. SMS, voice, etc? I doubt it, but I'd be curious to hear your results.
    I've tried using SMS and it worked no issue. I also tried voice and again worked no issue.

I haven't tried data while on the phone though, but that wasn't really important to me.
    01-23-2014 08:16 PM
    I've tried using SMS and it worked no issue. I also tried voice and again worked no issue.

I haven't tried data while on the phone though, but that wasn't really important to me.
    That surprises me a lot. I wouldn't have thought that Verizon would ever certify a phone that has a GSM radio in it. Very cool, though.
    01-27-2014 07:11 AM
37 12