02-26-2014 10:07 AM
89 1234
tools
    No it's not a downgrade or no I should not stick with what I have?
    ....its not a downgrade in my opinion.I love the features of the Moto X and I actually use all of them.I had had phones that had features that were more gimmick like before and never used those.
    I wasnt sure if I would use all of the features of the Moto X actually when I first purchased the phone but now I cant do without them ,(Active Display,Touchless Controls,Camera Gesture, Always Listening )
    01-23-2014 04:43 AM
    ... I sounded like Gollum arguing with himself.
    Ha, cute.
    Your going to buy a "PRECIOUS".
    01-23-2014 04:45 AM
    Ha, cute.
    Your going to buy a "PRECIOUS".
    I can probably get it in orange to simulate The One Ring and have it engraved to say "The One Phone to Rule Them All."
    ScottMGS likes this.
    01-23-2014 04:50 AM
    Watch that Bilbo guy, he has his eye on it.
    01-23-2014 05:25 AM
    Is switching between a Note 3 and Moto X considered a downgrade. I'm getting sick of TouchWiz..

Posted via Android Central App
    01-23-2014 07:56 AM
    I might self am thinking of giving the moto x a try. N5 was nice but the HTC One kept me coming back! Love the boom speakers!

01-23-2014 08:17 AM
    I had to run it through Moto Maker just to see what it would look like. It was originally a joke but it looks pretty cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Is going from the Nexus 5 to the Moto X considered a "downgrade"?-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1390496519.874817.jpg   Is going from the Nexus 5 to the Moto X considered a "downgrade"?-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1390496544.221929.jpg  
    ScottMGS, oldDummy, Aquila and 1 others like this.
    01-23-2014 11:03 AM
    I had to run it through Moto Maker just to see what it would look like. It was originally a joke but it looks pretty cool.
    I'd probably change the back to something like "To Rule Them All".

Hmmm...
    01-23-2014 11:16 AM
    Is switching between a Note 3 and Moto X considered a downgrade. I'm getting sick of TouchWiz..

Here are a two threads that explore the pros and cons of Note 3 vs Moto X

Moto X vs Note 3

Opinions Moto X Note 3
    01-23-2014 02:11 PM
    Here are a two threads that explore the pros and cons of Note 3 vs Moto X

Moto X vs Note 3

Opinions Moto X Note 3
    Thanks!

01-23-2014 02:16 PM
    Does anyone have the cherry look like the one I posted above? Someone told me it looks too close to pink rather than red.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    01-23-2014 07:37 PM
    With the impending Monday sale, I've decided to pull the trigger. Will be "downgrading" or "sidegrading" or "upgrading" depending on people's points of view. I think I'll be happier with the Moto X functions in the end than I am with the N5. I'm guessing that most former N5 and current MX owners feel the same. Going to get this carrier unlocked so hopefully no branding and no bloatware.

01-25-2014 09:33 AM
    Going to get this carrier unlocked so hopefully no branding and no bloatware.

I've got the Developer Edition so I have no direct experience with this, but I believe the AT&T version is carrier locked and contains some AT&T bloatware even if you buy it off contract, and that only the Developer Edition and the T-Mobile version are carrier unlocked and free of carrier bloatware.
    01-25-2014 01:41 PM
    I've got the Developer Edition so I have no direct experience with this, but I believe the AT&T version is carrier locked even if you buy it off contract, and that only the Developer Edition and the T-Mobile version are carrier unlocked and free of carrier bloatware.
    So if I get the unlocked with T Mobile Sim I should be OK?

01-25-2014 01:42 PM
    So if I get the unlocked with T Mobile Sim I should be OK?

The GSM Unlocked does come with a T Mobile sim installed, that is the one I got. There are no carrier brand markings on the device and no installed bloatware. Using it on AT&T and it works perfectly on their network.
    01-25-2014 06:03 PM
    The GSM Unlocked does come with a T Mobile sim installed, that is the one I got. There are no carrier brand markings on the device and no installed bloatware. Using it on AT&T and it works perfectly on their network.
    This is perfect for me. Just the kind of phone I like. Maybe that means firmware updates before the carrier versions too?
    01-25-2014 06:55 PM
    Just switched from from a G2 and I'm really loving this phone I don't think it was a downgrade at all. They have their pros and con's but I switched to the moto for the smaller foot print and I really like the active notifications.

01-25-2014 07:24 PM
    I had both for awhile and while I loved the gorgeous screen of the Note 3, the Moto X beat it repeatedly in speed tests especially where the signal was not strong, S-Voice was not as accurate as Moto X always listening/touchless controls, the GNote3 had lag and the Moto X doesn't and the GNote3 doesn't have Motorola Assist which automatically senses when I am driving and reads my texts to me!

I also prefer the stock android+ experience on the Moto X more than Touchwiz. And I got the Moto X Dev Ed so I can unlock my bootloader. Supposedly Samsung is releasing a Verizon GNote3 Dev Ed, but it has been out of stock since Thanksgiving.

I didn't find myself using the S-pen. The battery life on the GNote3 was awesome, but it is a huge device so it was cumbersome at times whereas the Moto X is an ergonomic dream!

I sent my GNote3 back. I did like it alot, though; it is just that the Moto X makes a better daily driver for me.
    01-25-2014 07:42 PM
    I traded in my Nexus 5 for a Moto X just yesterday. I lost LTE support (I'm in Singapore, so the US Moto X's bands doesn't work), lost the larger 1080p screen, lost the Snapdragon 800 processor, and lost wireless charging, but the Moto X still feels like an upgrade to me. Battery life for one is much better on the X, and that alone weighs in a lot. That plus touchless controls, active display, Motorola Assist, Motorola connect, trusted bluetooth, and a bunch of other add-ons makes the Moto X more useful for me. It literally changed the way I use a smartphone.

Personally I would have gotten a black front, woven black back, and silver accents Moto X. Basically boring, understated, conservative look. Or what i call the utilitarian look. (Hint: I'm not exactly the adventurous type) But the Moto X i bought was pre-owned, and customised by the previous owner. White front, woven black back, and metallic blue accents. And I like the look a lot too (obviously, if not I wouldn't have gotten it).

Is going from the Nexus 5 to the Moto X considered a "downgrade"?-img_4929.jpg
    01-25-2014 08:40 PM
    I had both for awhile and while I loved the gorgeous screen of the Note 3, the Moto X beat it repeatedly in speed tests especially where the signal was not strong, S-Voice was not as accurate as Moto X always listening/touchless controls, the GNote3 had lag and the Moto X doesn't and the GNote3 doesn't have Motorola Assist which automatically senses when I am driving and reads my texts to me!

I also prefer the stock android+ experience on the Moto X more than Touchwiz. And I got the Moto X Dev Ed so I can unlock my bootloader. Supposedly Samsung is releasing a Verizon GNote3 Dev Ed, but it has been out of stock since Thanksgiving.

I didn't find myself using the S-pen. The battery life on the GNote3 was awesome, but it is a huge device so it was cumbersome at times whereas the Moto X is an ergonomic dream!

I sent my GNote3 back. I did like it alot, though; it is just that the Moto X makes a better daily driver for me.
    That's why I'm thinking of switching I hardly use the S-Pen and I have trouble with S-Voice as well. I'll probably end up with a Dev. Edition too. Thanks!

01-25-2014 08:41 PM
    I'll probably end up with a Dev. Edition too.
    For 1 hour on Monday the Dev Ed will be $100 off but after that until valentine's day it will be $70 off!
    01-25-2014 08:48 PM
    I traded in my Nexus 5 for a Moto X just yesterday. I lost LTE support (I'm in Singapore, so the US Moto X's bands doesn't work)
    How is that not a deal breaker for you? It would be a deal breaker for me.
    01-25-2014 08:53 PM
    How is that not a deal breaker for you? It would be a deal breaker for me.
    Because i'm not you? Lol. We all have different wants and needs from a mobile device, different use case, different priorities. I don't use anything data intensive that requires fast data. I don't stream HD videos, and I don't browse a lot on the move. HSPA+ speeds are more than enough for me on the move. At work or at home, i use wifi.

The speeds I'm getting are more than sufficient for my needs.
    Is going from the Nexus 5 to the Moto X considered a "downgrade"?-14-1.png
    01-25-2014 09:05 PM
    I traded in my Nexus 5 for a Moto X just yesterday. I lost LTE support (I'm in Singapore, so the US Moto X's bands doesn't work),
    What band is used in Singapore for LTE? The Canadian Rogers wireless Moto X has 2600MHz LTE enabled from what I read on XDA. I also read on XDA that the ATT version has the hardware to support 2600MHz LTE band but the OS has it disabled.
    01-25-2014 09:12 PM
    The speeds I'm getting are more than sufficient for my needs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 - 1.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	102148
    yeah, that download speed is comparable to the Verizon 4G LTE download speed I get where I live. The upload speed, though, beats the Verizon 4G LTE upload speeds I get by a lot.
    01-25-2014 09:16 PM
89 1234