6 7.89%
  • I use both a case and screen protector

28 36.84%
  • I keep my Moto X naked

27 35.53%
06-30-2014 08:09 PM
45 12
tools
    I have both. The In case snap case from MotoMaker and Halo screen protectors from Amazon. Happy with both.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-25-2014 07:35 PM
    I have both, but loathe the screen protector I have. I am seriously considering no screen protectors, since there isn't a Ghost Armor kiosk in my state.

I use the one from Verizon and can't even tell it's there.

mumfoau likes this.
    01-25-2014 10:13 PM
    I use the one from Verizon and can't even tell it's there.

No case but I too use the Verizon screen protectors! Got 2 packs and installed the first attempt flawlessly so sitting on 5 spares just in case! Ha

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    01-26-2014 03:13 AM
    I just have a matte screen protector on the front (I prefer the look and feel of them), and no case (the woven back feels too nice to be covered up).

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    01-26-2014 05:54 AM
    Use bear motion case and protector.

Exactly this! Got my bear motion yesterday.

01-26-2014 06:30 AM
    None. If I ever add a case it would be for grip, but screen protectors are a waste. In 5 years of owning smart phones I've never had a scratch. Screen protectors start to look awful after 5 minutes but glass looks and feels great for years
    01-26-2014 08:36 AM
    None. If I ever add a case it would be for grip, but screen protectors are a waste. In 5 years of owning smart phones I've never had a scratch. Screen protectors start to look awful after 5 minutes but glass looks and feels great for years
    I agree but with one caveat: If you work in a harsh environment a screen protector may be necessary. For example my youngest son works in a car parts warehouse. on the occasions where he has stopped at our house on his way home I have noticed that he looked like he had been working in a coal mine from all the dust on his clothes. His explanation: "The parts might be new but they may have been setting in a warehouse for some time and nobody dusts boxes in a warehouse." The screen on his Galexy S2 is all scratched up from using it there with grubby hands. For him a screen protector would have been a good idea.

Otherwise I feel that a screen protector is a waste of money.
    Golfdriver97 and davidnc like this.
    01-26-2014 09:11 AM
    I agree but with one caveat: If you work in a harsh environment a screen protector may be necessary. For example my youngest son works in a car parts warehouse. on the occasions where he has stopped at our house on his way home I have noticed that he looked like he had been working in a coal mine from all the dust on his clothes. His explanation: "The parts might be new but they may have been setting in a warehouse for some time and nobody dusts boxes in a warehouse." The screen on his Galexy S2 is all scratched up from using it there with grubby hands. For him a screen protector would have been a good idea.

Sad to hear about that device. Chalk one up to live and learn. I work on cars, mainly pip and tires, and at times my hands might have oil or grit on them. My first touchscreen display got a protector. I have changed my view on stick on ones and have moved to ones integrated into the case.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-26-2014 10:07 AM
    I put a case on mine, but only when the phone leaves the house. When I am home, phones are naked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I do this as well.

Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-26-2014 10:34 AM
    Sad to hear about that device. Chalk one up to live and learn
    Yep, he's learned a valuable lesson. To be fair the phone is quite usable but the screen is just not as bright as when it was new. He's been intrigued by my Moto X but feels that his S2 will suffice until he is able to move out of the warehouse into a job in the office.
    01-26-2014 10:44 AM
    I keep my Moto X naked, I have the spearamint backing. Going to be getting an ebony Moto X on Monday and will be keeping that naked as well. Need to be able to show it off.
    01-26-2014 10:48 AM

That's why I use screen protector since at times hands are dirty and still might need to answer phone before I can wash them.

sent from my Moto X
    01-26-2014 11:26 AM
    I just got a mime tempered glass screen protector and it freaking rocks. It feels smooth as, well, glass. Plus I hardly see any finger prints on my screen now. I had an Otterbox commuter case on my phone, but have since removed it since getting the mime. I haven't been this happy with a purchase since buying my x :-)

http://mimeusa.com/product/moto-x-gh...een-protector/

huntnyc, dmark44 and DCSholtis like this.
    01-26-2014 03:02 PM
    I can't imagine having to get my phone ready to leave the house.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Moto x was meant to be used without a case.

05-24-2014 06:07 PM
    Agreed. Moto x was meant to be used without a case.

I didn't say it was meant to be used without a case, or with one. It was the constant back and forth I was commenting on.

Sent from my Moto X using TapaTalk
    05-24-2014 07:57 PM
    I use a case and screen protectors. I have dropped my phone a few times recently on some hardwood floors. I have also dropped it on some concrete. I am thankful for the case and screen protectors. I have insurance for when I decide I get tired of my case.

05-24-2014 10:38 PM
    Never thought i'd not use a screen protector but ever since i took mine off a few months ago i'm finding i haven't had a scratch so i'm going without, but i do use a case. 1. to keep it safe since i already broke one, and i do drop phone, and 2 because i have one of the slippery backs and they're horrid to use without a case..for me anyway.
    05-24-2014 11:20 PM
    If I didn't have a case & screen proyector on my ohone during the week it would be destroyed within the week. I am a landscaper & work mainly with hardscapes. Lots of stone dust & fine grit all the time. I go naked most weekends though as far as a case. Always use a screen protector. Its easier to replace a screen protector than a screen. Plus, for resale, as long as your screen is pristine, you can usually get a good price.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X
    05-24-2014 11:27 PM
    Hi I just got my moto x last week and I still am wondering if I should get a screen protector or just not use one bc it's such a nice display I don't want it to get ruined but also I take wicked good care of my phones. This is my first android.
    06-30-2014 06:38 PM
    I use both and it has already paid off with the phone surviving a couple falls without a scratch. I have an iBlason tempered glass screen protector. Easy to install. No scratches or problems. I switch cases between wallet style and regular. Usually I use a Griffin Reveal. I have large hands and find the rubber along the outer rim to provide good grip. When using a slim case I also often use a Nokia 920 sleeve to reduce scratching the case or the screen protector in pockets.
    06-30-2014 08:09 PM
45 12