Do you use a case and/or screen protector on your Moto X

Do you use a case and/or screen protector

• Total voters

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
*Warning! First post!*
Having had numerous cell phones over the last fifteen years I have concluded that when I have dropped a phone the most damage occurs when it lands on a corner. Therefore when I got my Moto X I also installed the Body Glove Drop Suit. While I really liked the fact that the Moto X is ultra thin I felt that adding something that offered extra grip as well as protection was worth the extra bulk.

I've never had a screen protector on any of my phones and never had cause to regret it.

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Just got my moto x yesterday and had a SUPCASE with the included screen protector waiting for it. I installed both of them and really like the feel and very snug fit.

Posted via Android Central App

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have both, but loathe the screen protector I have. I am seriously considering no screen protectors, since there isn't a Ghost Armor kiosk in my state.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a screen protector and an otter box case but I just installed the cruzerlite skin so right Now I'm using a cheap clear plastic case off of amazon

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Sam12Ash

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have both. The In case snap case from MotoMaker and Halo screen protectors from Amazon. Happy with both.

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I have both, but loathe the screen protector I have. I am seriously considering no screen protectors, since there isn't a Ghost Armor kiosk in my state.

I use the one from Verizon and can't even tell it's there.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I use the one from Verizon and can't even tell it's there.

No case but I too use the Verizon screen protectors! Got 2 packs and installed the first attempt flawlessly so sitting on 5 spares just in case! Ha

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I just have a matte screen protector on the front (I prefer the look and feel of them), and no case (the woven back feels too nice to be covered up).

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
None. If I ever add a case it would be for grip, but screen protectors are a waste. In 5 years of owning smart phones I've never had a scratch. Screen protectors start to look awful after 5 minutes but glass looks and feels great for years

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
None. If I ever add a case it would be for grip, but screen protectors are a waste. In 5 years of owning smart phones I've never had a scratch. Screen protectors start to look awful after 5 minutes but glass looks and feels great for years
I agree but with one caveat: If you work in a harsh environment a screen protector may be necessary. For example my youngest son works in a car parts warehouse. on the occasions where he has stopped at our house on his way home I have noticed that he looked like he had been working in a coal mine from all the dust on his clothes. His explanation: "The parts might be new but they may have been setting in a warehouse for some time and nobody dusts boxes in a warehouse." The screen on his Galexy S2 is all scratched up from using it there with grubby hands. For him a screen protector would have been a good idea.

Otherwise I feel that a screen protector is a waste of money.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree but with one caveat: If you work in a harsh environment a screen protector may be necessary. For example my youngest son works in a car parts warehouse. on the occasions where he has stopped at our house on his way home I have noticed that he looked like he had been working in a coal mine from all the dust on his clothes. His explanation: "The parts might be new but they may have been setting in a warehouse for some time and nobody dusts boxes in a warehouse." The screen on his Galexy S2 is all scratched up from using it there with grubby hands. For him a screen protector would have been a good idea.

Sad to hear about that device. Chalk one up to live and learn. I work on cars, mainly pip and tires, and at times my hands might have oil or grit on them. My first touchscreen display got a protector. I have changed my view on stick on ones and have moved to ones integrated into the case.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Sad to hear about that device. Chalk one up to live and learn
Yep, he's learned a valuable lesson. To be fair the phone is quite usable but the screen is just not as bright as when it was new. He's been intrigued by my Moto X but feels that his S2 will suffice until he is able to move out of the warehouse into a job in the office.

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I keep my Moto X naked, I have the spearamint backing. Going to be getting an ebony Moto X on Monday and will be keeping that naked as well. Need to be able to show it off.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

That's why I use screen protector since at times hands are dirty and still might need to answer phone before I can wash them.

sent from my Moto X