01-28-2014 01:56 AM
43 12
tools
    Okay...here's a better question, can one tether wirelessly with the X or MAXX?
    I assume you mean without a carrier tethering plan (i.e. using FoxFi). With Kit Kat, you need to be rooted (currently... FoxFi may figure out a way to update their app, but Kit Kat seems to have locked down a lot of things).
    01-24-2014 01:01 PM
    what is the general consensus on picture and video quality? While moto is known for how good the signal and gps quality is they are also known for having really crappy cameras... has this gotten better?
    Better, but not the best out there. If the camera is high on your priority list, you may want to look elsewhere. One good thing is that Motorola has put the camera app on Google Play store, so they can update it without having to go through the carriers.
    01-24-2014 01:03 PM
    Better, but not the best out there. If the camera is high on your priority list, you may want to look elsewhere. One good thing is that Motorola has put the camera app on Google Play store, so they can update it without having to go through the carriers.
    I've seen that they've been transitioning apps to the app store in order to update them more easily than full fledged carrier reviewed software updates that take forever. I like being able to take good photos when needed which the Note 3 handles no problem but more often than not I find myself shooting video at my daughters cheer events while my wife snaps away on her dslr.
    01-24-2014 01:15 PM
    I've seen that they've been transitioning apps to the app store in order to update them more easily than full fledged carrier reviewed software updates that take forever. I like being able to take good photos when needed which the Note 3 handles no problem but more often than not I find myself shooting video at my daughters cheer events while my wife snaps away on her dslr.
    With good light, it does a pretty good job (at least meets my expectations for a phone camera). In low light conditions, it is a bit worse than par.
    01-24-2014 02:02 PM
    There's a sticky thread with photos. There is a difference between the first ones and the ones after the update.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-24-2014 02:06 PM
    With good light, it does a pretty good job (at least meets my expectations for a phone camera). In low light conditions, it is a bit worse than par.
    Is this referring to video quality or is this still for pictures? As I said we have the camera for pics but I like to shoot video for family that is out of town and cant make it to competitions. Not a deciding factor but if the video quality is pretty good then that's just one more plus for the Moto X.
    01-24-2014 04:28 PM
    Is this referring to video quality or is this still for pictures? As I said we have the camera for pics but I like to shoot video for family that is out of town and cant make it to competitions. Not a deciding factor but if the video quality is pretty good then that's just one more plus for the Moto X.
    Sorry, haven't played with video enough to tell.
    01-24-2014 06:52 PM
    It's okay. It hasn't disappointed me at all. Well some OIS would be nice, but it's workable and the sound quality is surprisingly good.

01-25-2014 04:06 AM
    I freaking love my moto X.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    mumfoau, dmark44 and YankInDaSouth like this.
    01-25-2014 05:45 PM
    Battery life gets you trough the day.

In a recent trip, it lasted me for about 7 hours of constant GPS and screen time, without recharging. That is really impressive, compared with my iPhone 5 that lasted for only 2 hours under those conditions.

In normal usage (without games or videos) I come back home with around 30-40% charge left. That means around 3+ hours of screen time, 30-40 minutes of Waze and Music streaming trough BT and the rest of the time on Twitter, mails, etc...

About the camera... Honestly it is mediocre at best. Under perfect conditions it gets the job done.
    01-26-2014 01:45 AM
    General consensus? Still the best Android phone you can buy as of this post.

01-27-2014 12:46 AM
    General consensus? Still the best Android phone you can buy as of this post.

+1
    01-27-2014 08:35 AM
    So, I've got a promo code and can buy one for $299 without a contract for AT&T. I've got an HTC One I'm just not happy with, the battery is horrible. Has anyone here come from the HTC One to the Moto X and feel good about their decision? or... should I just wait it out for the latest and greatest for this new year?
    01-27-2014 06:02 PM
    So, I've got a promo code and can buy one for $299 without a contract for AT&T. I've got an HTC One I'm just not happy with, the battery is horrible. Has anyone here come from the HTC One to the Moto X and feel good about their decision? or... should I just wait it out for the latest and greatest for this new year?
    Mine is not quite the use case you're seeking but I'm coming from an HTC Rezound and looked extensively at the One. I don't regret choosing the X over it one little bit. I found alternatives to most of what I like about Sense, and don't miss any of the draw backs. I love HTC's hardware but hate their battery life.

This phone is the perfect size & form factor, all the radios, sensors are top notch, love the build quality and customization. Software is buttery smooth!

Sent from my Moto X
    BoostN likes this.
    01-27-2014 08:41 PM
    Mine is not quite the use case you're seeking but I'm coming from an HTC Rezound and looked extensively at the One. I don't regret choosing the X over it one little bit. I found alternatives to most of what I like about Sense, and don't miss any of the draw backs. I love HTC's hardware but hate their battery life.

This phone is the perfect size & form factor, all the radios, sensors are top notch, love the build quality and customization. Software is buttery smooth!

Sent from my Moto X
    Thanks for your reply! Anyone else have more comments?
    01-28-2014 01:18 AM
    So, I've got a promo code and can buy one for $299 without a contract for AT&T.
    Get the TMobile version. It will work on ATT and the boot loader is unlockable and it is bloat free.
    Aquila likes this.
    01-28-2014 01:48 AM
    Get the TMobile version. It will work on ATT and the boot loader is unlockable and it is bloat free.
    I have the Moto X - GSM Unlocked selected in Checkout. It tells me it will work for T-Mobile and AT&T. This is what you're talking about correct?
    01-28-2014 01:51 AM
    I have the Moto X - GSM Unlocked selected in Checkout. It tells me it will work for T-Mobile and AT&T. This is what you're talking about correct?
    yes.
    BoostN likes this.
    01-28-2014 01:56 AM
43 12