Moto X: Valentine’s Day Sale starts 1/27 through 2/14

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Missed out on the last holiday sale? Motorola's got a new sale planned for Valentine's Day and it's pretty sweet after the recent price drops on both the phone itself and the wood-finish options.

The deal starts on Monday, January 27th at 3:00 PM ET. From 3:00 PM ET to 4:00 PM ET on January 27th (or while supplies last), non-contract Moto Xs will be $100-off. After that, all non-contract Moto Xs will be $70-off through Valentine's Day, Friday, February 14th.

$299.99 for a 16GB Moto X sans contract sounds like a great deal and $329.99 ain't too shabby either. Motorola's dipping below Nexus 5 pricing with this sale and that's pretty amazing.

Update: "It will be promo codes like the holiday sale. You will need to register on Motorola.com and the code will be emailed to you."

Source: Motorola - Google+, Twitter, Twitter

---
On Monday January 27th, we?re kicking off our Valentine?s Day sale with an extra sweet deal: $100 off any #MotoX without a contract from 3pm-4pm ET. This deal is only available for one hour, while supplies last. If you miss out, don?t worry. You can get $70 off any #MotoX without a contract through Valentine?s Day.

Xtra sweet deal alert: Jan 27 3-4PM ET $100 off any #MotoX w/o contract while supplies last... (1/2)

If you miss out, you can still get $70 off any #MotoX w/o contract until Valentine?s Day. (2/2)

Last edited:

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X: Valentine?s Day Sale starts 2014-01-27

Nice find!!! It might just be time to dump my Note 3 and order a 32 Gig Moto X since I haven't been able to find anything locally. I stopped following Moto on twitter a while back, well, because Razr etc...

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site

For anyone that purchased a moto x within the last 14 days from January 27 I just got done speaking to a rep about it. He informed me that motorola should be announcing some sort of compensation on Monday for anyone that purchased but he was not able to tell me what this compensation would be, he told me my options would be to either request a rma and repurchase the phone on Monday or wait until Monday to see what the compensation is and then either take that or request a rma and repurchase it. He was also unable to let me know if the compensation would be disclosed before or after the 1 hour sale.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

For anyone that purchased a moto x within the last 14 days from January 27 I just got done speaking to a rep about it. He informed me that motorola should be announcing some sort of compensation on Monday for anyone that purchased but he was not able to tell me what this compensation would be, he told me my options would be to either request a rma and repurchase the phone on Monday or wait until Monday to see what the compensation is and then either take that or request a rma and repurchase it. He was also unable to let me know if the compensation would be disclosed before or after the 1 hour sale.

That is awesome but a bummer because I just ordered a wood-backed phone at current prices and returned my original custom X. I'm hoping that I can get some compensation. If not, it's all good though because $425 is still much cheaper than the $600+ I was looking at last November.

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site

That is awesome but a bummer because I just ordered a wood-backed phone at current prices and returned my original custom X. I'm hoping that I can get some compensation. If not, it's all good though because $425 is still much cheaper than the $600+ I was looking at last November.
Yeah I just did the same thing, bought a wood back and got it yesterday. I'm assuming they'll offer store credit but you might be able to personally talk to them and ask for a prepaid visa card, we'll just have to wait until Monday and see.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I just did the same thing, bought a wood back and got it yesterday. I'm assuming they'll offer store credit but you might be able to personally talk to them and ask for a prepaid visa card, we'll just have to wait until Monday and see.

I hope you can go with the prepaid visa card, as they did last year when I bought my dad's Moto X and the price dropped $50. I called them up and initially they offered store credit, but then I asked for another option and got the prepaid visa card (which I have now but still haven't used).

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Nice find!!! It might just be time to dump my Note 3 and order a 32 Gig Moto X since I haven't been able to find anything locally. I stopped following Moto on twitter a while back, well, because Razr etc...

I'm right there with you. I'm gonna sell my Note 3 on Gazelle. Already checked and they'll give me $280 for it. Plus I have an original iPad I may sell as well.

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Awesome. Getting the phone into more hands will help to spread the word as to how great the Moto X really is.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Per Motorola -

It will be promo codes like the holiday sale. You will need to register on Motorola.com and the code will be emailed to you.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Hmm I still say that we will see a new "x2" before August. Release around same time as s5 and one 2 me thinks. They are really trying to get rid of these things.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Hmm I still say that we will see a new "x2" before August. Release around same time as s5 and one 2 me thinks. They are really trying to get rid of these things.

Now that this phone has been out for 5 months and people can see that it runs just as well as the other flagship phones, it would be interesting to have it go on sale around the same time as the new HTC and Samsung. I know it will never reach sales levels that the Galaxy phones get but would still be interesting to see all 3 released at the same time.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

A sale means that? Might be looking too much into it. They are just trying to get the word out. The phone is not old enough to have a new model around the same time as the one and s5. I still think fall for everyone. Its only been what, 5 months? For it to sell along the s5 they would be breaking a yearly cycle manufacturers do for their flagships.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Dumb question: So you just go to the Motorola website between 3 and 4 PM EST and get a code? Can we then use that code whenever we want or will it expire?

Last edited:

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

That's one way to look at it. Another way is that it's a long-term strategy; take the financial hit now for a gain in market share/visibility and consider it an investment for the future.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Dumb question: So you just go to the Motorola website between 3 and 4 PM EST and get a code? Can we then use that code whenever we want or will it expire?

My guess is that the code will expire no later than 2/14.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm right there with you. I'm gonna sell my Note 3 on Gazelle. Already checked and they'll give me $280 for it. Plus I have an original iPad I may sell as well.

You should get more than $280 for your note 3. They are going for $400+ on eBay and craiglist. I know some people don't like to deal with the hassle that either one of those two can be, but that's a pretty big price discrepancy. I would at least think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol