02-02-2014 07:09 PM
190 12345 ...
tools
    I've thought about that. If history repeats itself, I may wait until at least Cyber Monday to see if Moto will have a sale.
    Many people wait until the Black Friday deals to buy iPhones, so that type of behavior is not related to placing a premium price on a phone.
    01-26-2014 12:38 PM
    You should try Swappa.com great place to sell phones just sold my G2 for 395.00

Posted via Android Central App
    01-26-2014 05:51 PM
    Think I am going to try and take advantage of this promo ... Have a (Verizon) Note 3 and been most displeased with call quality and data signal (had a note 2 before and had no such issues). I just hope I can deal with the drastically different size!

Trying to decide if the developer edition is worth the price of designing my own device LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    01-26-2014 07:07 PM
    Selling the "value" phone can very easily backfire though. If they gain the reputation of hugely discounting a phone quickly after release, no one will buy it until it is discounted. It is the same stigma as with all of Google's hardware. Everyone expects them to just give it away because that is what they have always done. So if they ever decide to up the retail on a Nexus phone, everyone will just complain despite it being as good as all the other phones in the upper price range. This is part of the reason the gnex was so ridiculed.

I have a very hard time seeing moto undervalue a phone for 6 solid months. It is just not the best way to get your product out there. Consumers want to feel like they are paying premium for a great product. Is is classic apple philosophy. Over price and make them feel like they are better than everyone else. I am not suggesting that moto do this, but I am suggesting that going the opposite direction for an extended period of time is a bad idea.

I just hope that they do not release the "x2" a month before the iPhone again. That was deliberate stupidity. They need to either release 3+ months before or right after the iPhone. That way they are not in a Grey area when everyone is waiting to see other phones release.
    Moto prices the Moto X at the same level as all the other flagships at launch: zomg too expensive!
    Moto prices the Moto X at a discount four months after launch: zomg cheap piece of crap!

I see your point, but the criticism surrounding this phone is just absolutely hilarious to those of us that own it and love it.
    01-26-2014 07:18 PM
    Trying to decide if the developer edition is worth the price of designing my own device LOL
    If you want to unlock it and keep your warranty, it is. Motorola will not give you an unlock code for any verizon Moto X except the Dev Ed.
    01-26-2014 08:31 PM
    Moto prices the Moto X at the same level as all the other flagships at launch: zomg too expensive!
    Moto prices the Moto X at a discount four months after launch: zomg cheap piece of crap!

I see your point, but the criticism surrounding this phone is just absolutely hilarious to those of us that own it and love it.
    And I don't think people think the Nexus 5 is a cheap piece of crap just because it is priced so low. I think people understand that Google is subsidizing the phone. Well, Google is subsidizing Motorola and the Moto X, too.
    01-26-2014 08:33 PM
    So should I build my device and be ready to pull the trigger at 3pm EST?

Are they emailing out the sale info at some point?
    01-26-2014 08:59 PM
    So should I build my device and be ready to pull the trigger at 3pm EST?

Are they emailing out the sale info at some point?
    They're sending out codes. You don't have to be ready to buy right at 3:00. In fact, you will probably have to wait at least an hour before you receive your code.
    01-26-2014 09:17 PM
    They're sending out codes. You don't have to be ready to buy right at 3:00. In fact, you will probably have to wait at least an hour before you receive your code.
    OK so again, just register for a code like the last time?
    01-26-2014 09:19 PM
    OK so again, just register for a code like the last time?
    All signs point to yes.

01-26-2014 10:06 PM
    All signs point to yes.
    so is everyone with a motorola account going to receive an email about the sale?
    01-26-2014 10:26 PM
    so is everyone with a motorola account going to receive an email about the sale?
    I wouldn't count on receiving an email to notify you about it at all.
    01-26-2014 10:34 PM
    I wouldn't count on receiving an email to notify you about it at all.
    then will they post the info on the motorola.com site?
    01-26-2014 10:39 PM
    That's what they did last time.
    01-26-2014 10:42 PM
    I'm right there with you. I'm gonna sell my Note 3 on Gazelle. Already checked and they'll give me $280 for it. Plus I have an original iPad I may sell as well.

you really selling the iPad?
    01-26-2014 10:55 PM
    I will buy the note 3 from you tonight. I have been looking for one. Email me at grantearls@yahoo.com
    01-26-2014 11:25 PM
    I expect the official Motorola blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ accounts will post about the sale.

01-26-2014 11:41 PM
    Here is the link for the $100 off I got from Gizmodo's site. The link doesn't work now but it will at 3pm eastern time. Just no one click on it until I get my code.

https://mdsupport.custhelp.com/ci/do...il/2/sweetdeal
    01-27-2014 05:25 AM
    Just an FYI - Moto Maker devices are non refundable, only exchanges and credits

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone is not 100% sure the X is for them (like me, LOL)

For this reason I will be ordering the developer edition as it can be refunded if returned within the 14 day period ...

Note 3 .... that is all!!
    01-27-2014 07:36 AM
    you really selling the iPad?
    It's a first gen and yes I MIGHT. Haven't decided yet. (2nd thoughts about that)

01-27-2014 08:09 AM
    I just went to the Moto maker site and I noticed the "Get $70 off a Moto X with no contract!.

Do you have to go back exactly at 3pm? Does Moto need to send you a Promo code to receive the $100 off no-contract?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    01-27-2014 08:11 AM
    Now that this phone has been out for 5 months and people can see that it runs just as well as the other flagship phones, it would be interesting to have it go on sale around the same time as the new HTC and Samsung. I know it will never reach sales levels that the Galaxy phones get but would still be interesting to see all 3 released at the same time.
    Ahah, now let's never say never my friend. The time is not here, so we don't know. It could blow the galaxy phones out the water in sales, you really just don't know. Then maybe it'll be more popular and local phone shops will have damn screen protectors for it. :b

But man, kinda wish I had a wood backed Moto X. I just got the black 16gb variant. Truly is working out completely fine for me, but still would kinda like a wood finish. Anyway it would be possible to maybe do a trade kinda thing like you guys are talking about? I'm on the sprint network but didn't get the phone off of motomaker.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    01-27-2014 08:31 AM
    More sale info: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...60/action/auth

EDIT: Dev Edit price showing as $379 right now so that would be $279 during the sale? That's sweet!

YankInDaSouth likes this.
    01-27-2014 08:59 AM
    Wasn't it posted somewhere around here that Motorola would honor the price if you bought yours 14 days before the sale ? Or is it 14 days from when it shipped ? How do you go about getting the new price ?
    01-27-2014 09:27 AM
    Wasn't it posted somewhere around here that Motorola would honor the price if you bought yours 14 days before the sale ? Or is it 14 days from when it shipped ? How do you go about getting the new price ?
    Posted somewhere around this thread I thought

01-27-2014 09:40 AM
190 12345 ...